Companies Offering Dynamic Ad Insertion for Audio Podcasts

  • Sunny Gault
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2012
      Can anyone recommend companies that currently offer dynamic ad insertion for audio podcasts? I'm having a hard time finding information online. More specifically, I'm looking for a company where I can upload episodes and store them, enter the times when the commercials should begin and have complete control over how many commercials are inserted and where. I don't need a company that find sponsors, we can find the sponsors on our own. I just need someone to handle the process of storing the shows and ensuring our commercials hit at the appropriate times. And they should also provide good statistics on downloads/demographics and have good customer service. Seems like that's hard to come by these days...

      Any help is greatly appreciated!

      Thanks!

      Sunny Gault
      Host/Producer
      http://www.pregtastic.com
    • David Lee King
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2012
        http://libsyn.com/ - pretty sure it does exactly that! They're good to work
        with, too - they care. Check em out...

        David Lee King
        davidleeking.com - blog
        davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog
        twitter | skype: davidleeking <http://www.twitter.com/davidleeking>

        On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 5:25 AM, Sunny Gault <sunny@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Can anyone recommend companies that currently offer dynamic ad insertion
        > for audio podcasts? I'm having a hard time finding information online. More
        > specifically, I'm looking for a company where I can upload episodes and
        > store them, enter the times when the commercials should begin and have
        > complete control over how many commercials are inserted and where. I don't
        > need a company that find sponsors, we can find the sponsors on our own. I
        > just need someone to handle the process of storing the shows and ensuring
        > our commercials hit at the appropriate times. And they should also provide
        > good statistics on downloads/demographics and have good customer service.
        > Seems like that's hard to come by these days...
        >
        > Any help is greatly appreciated!
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Sunny Gault
        > Host/Producer
        > http://www.pregtastic.com

      • Richard Amirault
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2012
          > Can anyone recommend companies that currently offer dynamic ad insertion
          > for audio podcasts? I'm having a hard time finding information online.
          > More specifically, I'm looking for a company where I can upload episodes
          > and store them, enter the times when the commercials should begin and have
          > complete control over how many commercials are inserted and where. I don't
          > need a company that find sponsors, we can find the sponsors on our own. I
          > just need someone to handle the process of storing the shows and ensuring
          > our commercials hit at the appropriate times. And they should also provide
          > good statistics on downloads/demographics and have good customer service.
          > Seems like that's hard to come by these days...

          So if I understand this correctly ....
          You want to sell commercial time on your podcast, but these commercials will
          run on *all* your podcasts for x amount of time. After that time they will
          no longer be played on your podcasts.

          This seems to be different from the way most folks do it. They sell
          commercials. They insert those commercials onto their podcast episode by
          episode. And those commercials STAY on those episodes forever (as long as
          they can be downloaded at least)

          Richard Amirault
          Boston, MA, USA
          http://n1jdu.org
          http://bostonfandom.org
        • Sunny Gault
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2012
            Correct. We have a library of more than 250 episodes, most of it is evergreen content. Our statistics show listeners are continually downloading all of our episodes, not just the most current ones. I'm familiar with the advertising model you mentioned, however it's generally a much more compelling sell for us to tell advertisers their commercials will be automatically inserted into all 250 episodes, as opposed to the most recent ones. However, they would still have the option of inserting their commercials in specific episodes, if that's what they prefer. My experience has been the larger advertisers don't want old ads running on older shows, since their advertising message could become outdated.