Re: [videoblogging] videomakers for change (fundraiser/crowdfunding)

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2012
      Here's one of the many videos on their site that shows how punk music
      and activism has been a small force for change in all kinds of South
      Asian countries: http://goo.gl/74i3j

      "Food not Bombs" in Malaysia?! Im in.

      Jay

      On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Kath O'Donnell <aliak77@...> wrote:
      > thank you Jay!
      >
      > On 8 February 2012 00:02, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> > hi all, in case some of you are interested in helping out, Engage Media
      >> > are crowdfunding "Videomakers for Change" on pozible (the Australian
      >> > version of kickstarter). they are raising funds to send more people to a
      >> > video journalism camp. they're almost there - need about $300 more, with
      >> > ~12 hours to go
      >> >
      >> > http://www.pozible.com/index.php/archive/index/4673/description/0/0 is
      >> the
      >> > fundraising page
      >> > http://engagemedia.org/ Engage Media page
      >> > http://www.engagemedia.org/camp-sambel-2/camp-sambel-2-eng Camp Sambel
      >> page
      >> > - the training camp for the video journalists
      >>
      >> I can confirm that Engage Media is a smart group helping teach folks
      >> in that part of the world how to make videos. They're the first place
      >> I learned about the growing punk movement in Indonesia. Just sent a
      >> couple bucks their way.
      >>
      >> Jay
      >>
      >> --
      >> 917 371 6790
      >> 540 860 0673

    • Kath O'Donnell
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2012
        thanks all. they made their target. hurray :)

        yeah I only heard about the punks in Asia via EM too. they're doing great
        work in their communities.
        I also only heard about Sarawak and the plight the local people have -
        losing their traditional lives & livelihoods due to new developments.
        Andrew Garton's work on these videos was amazing - he spent a lot of time
        with them.
        http://www.engagemedia.org/Members/toysatellite/videos