Re: [videoblogging] iPhone to iPad Work Flow

  • Stan Hirson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2012
      I'm not at all sure that you can use iMovie on the 1st gen iPad. I know
      some folks tried it and it did not work out well for them but there may be
      a work around. lt did not work for me but I did not pursue it.

      As for the direct transfers, there is an app called Tonido that lets you do
      wireless transfers between different platforms as well as mobile devices.
      You might want to give it a try. I just downloaded it and it works
      between my Macbook Pro and my Android.

      Good luck. I hope someone on the list will offer the benefit of more
      experience.

      Stan

      Stan Hirson
      http://PinePlainsViews.com
      http://LifeWithHorses.com
      http://ThinkingGlobalActingLocal.com

      W2VID

      On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM, mikemoon_ca <mgmoon@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hey Group. Hope all is going well and the cameras are still capturing.
      >
      > I recently received an iPhone 4s and picked up a 1st gen iPad wifi. They
      > both are under the latest iOs 5.0.1.
      >
      > I want to transfer the video _wirelessly_ from my iPhone to the iPad, and
      > edit with iMovie.
      >
      > That's it in a nutshell. Any app recommendations? Workflow ideas?
      >
      > Thank you in advance.
      >
      > Happy 2012.
      >
      > Mike
      > http://MikeMoon.ca

    • David King
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2012
        Hmm - just checked something ... The iPhone iMovie has instructions for transferring between devices using iTunes. You might check that out...

        David

        On Jan 28, 2012, at 1:04 PM, "mikemoon_ca" <mgmoon@...> wrote:

        > Hey Group. Hope all is going well and the cameras are still capturing.
        >
        > I recently received an iPhone 4s and picked up a 1st gen iPad wifi. They both are under the latest iOs 5.0.1.
        >
        > I want to transfer the video _wirelessly_ from my iPhone to the iPad, and edit with iMovie.
        >
        > That's it in a nutshell. Any app recommendations? Workflow ideas?
        >
        > Thank you in advance.
        >
        > Happy 2012.
        >
        > Mike
        > http://MikeMoon.ca

      • ruhowe
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2012
          Hiya,

          A cheapish app called PhotoSync says it will do this, but I haven't tested it yet.