iPhone to iPad Work Flow

  • mikemoon_ca
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2012
      Hey Group. Hope all is going well and the cameras are still capturing.

      I recently received an iPhone 4s and picked up a 1st gen iPad wifi. They both are under the latest iOs 5.0.1.

      I want to transfer the video _wirelessly_ from my iPhone to the iPad, and edit with iMovie.

      That's it in a nutshell. Any app recommendations? Workflow ideas?

      Thank you in advance.

      Happy 2012.

      Mike
      http://MikeMoon.ca
    • Chad Boeninger
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2012
        Hi Mike,
        Try Dropbox. The only problem is, you have to find a way to move the file from Dropbox on your iPad into the camera roll. iMovie won't see the videos unless they are in the camera roll. I've used Goodreader to download my files to my iPad from the Dropbox cloud. You can then use Goodreader to open the files in iUnArchive Lite, which will then allow you to save the movie to the camera roll. Once in the camera roll, iMovie will see the file, and your a good to go.

        Hope this helps,
        Chad

        Chad F. Boeninger
        Head of Reference
        Business &Economics Librarian
        Ohio University Libraries

        On Jan 28, 2012, at 2:04 PM, "mikemoon_ca" <mgmoon@...> wrote:

        > Hey Group. Hope all is going well and the cameras are still capturing.
        >
        > I recently received an iPhone 4s and picked up a 1st gen iPad wifi. They both are under the latest iOs 5.0.1.
        >
        > I want to transfer the video _wirelessly_ from my iPhone to the iPad, and edit with iMovie.
        >
        > That's it in a nutshell. Any app recommendations? Workflow ideas?
        >
        > Thank you in advance.
        >
        > Happy 2012.
        >
        > Mike
        > http://MikeMoon.ca

      • Stan Hirson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2012
          I'm not at all sure that you can use iMovie on the 1st gen iPad. I know
          some folks tried it and it did not work out well for them but there may be
          a work around. lt did not work for me but I did not pursue it.

          As for the direct transfers, there is an app called Tonido that lets you do
          wireless transfers between different platforms as well as mobile devices.
          You might want to give it a try. I just downloaded it and it works
          between my Macbook Pro and my Android.

          Good luck. I hope someone on the list will offer the benefit of more
          experience.

          Stan

          Stan Hirson
          http://PinePlainsViews.com
          http://LifeWithHorses.com
          http://ThinkingGlobalActingLocal.com

          W2VID

          On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM, mikemoon_ca <mgmoon@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hey Group. Hope all is going well and the cameras are still capturing.
          >
          > I recently received an iPhone 4s and picked up a 1st gen iPad wifi. They
          > both are under the latest iOs 5.0.1.
          >
          > I want to transfer the video _wirelessly_ from my iPhone to the iPad, and
          > edit with iMovie.
          >
          > That's it in a nutshell. Any app recommendations? Workflow ideas?
          >
          > Thank you in advance.
          >
          > Happy 2012.
          >
          > Mike
          > http://MikeMoon.ca

        • David King
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 28, 2012
            Hmm - just checked something ... The iPhone iMovie has instructions for transferring between devices using iTunes. You might check that out...

            David

            On Jan 28, 2012, at 1:04 PM, "mikemoon_ca" <mgmoon@...> wrote:

            > Hey Group. Hope all is going well and the cameras are still capturing.
            >
            > I recently received an iPhone 4s and picked up a 1st gen iPad wifi. They both are under the latest iOs 5.0.1.
            >
            > I want to transfer the video _wirelessly_ from my iPhone to the iPad, and edit with iMovie.
            >
            > That's it in a nutshell. Any app recommendations? Workflow ideas?
            >
            > Thank you in advance.
            >
            > Happy 2012.
            >
            > Mike
            > http://MikeMoon.ca

          • ruhowe
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 28, 2012
              Hiya,

              A cheapish app called PhotoSync says it will do this, but I haven't tested it yet.