I Need a Player!

  • Stan Hirson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2011
      Like the old Flash vPIP that was *easy* to embed on a website, that would
      close and stop the download when another player on the same page was
      opened, that had a variety of skins, and was free. Okay, I would be
      willing to pay a modest fee.... but only if it were a one-time fee for not
      for profit websites and not per site.

      Ideally it would be a WordPress plugin that could be easily updated. It
      would not be Flash because it should be able to work on Apple mobile
      products. At this time I don't care about any formats other than H.264
      unless someone can explain why others are needed.

      Several come very very close. JW Player almost has it but it cannot stop
      the download when another player on the same page is opened. Same with
      Sublime Player (Jilion).

      Anybody know of one?

      On request, I would be glad to link examples of how the vPIP player worked.

      Stan

      Stan Hirson
      http://PinePlainsViews.com
      http://LifeWithHorses.com
      http://ThinkingGlobalActingLocal.com

      KD2BCE

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 25, 2011
        > Ideally it would be a WordPress plugin that could be easily updated. It
        > would not be Flash because it should be able to work on Apple mobile
        > products. At this time I don't care about any formats other than H.264
        > unless someone can explain why others are needed.

        It would have to be a plugin like vPIP (http://vpip.org/) because I
        assume thats how one player knew to stop when another player starting
        playing. It is weird that no other video players have solved this
        problem. I guess its because youtube has really set the video
        experience: one video per page.

        We forked Enric's vPIP several years ago and made Video Wrangler:
        http://unholyknight.com/VideoWrangler/ It extended his plugin and
        solved some of the issues we had back then.

        Stan, you can email Eric Lorentz who was updating this plugin. His
        email is Eric.Lorentz[at]gmail.com. I know he used to do work for
        hire. He's a good guy.