Re: recording video interviews

  • Scott Stead
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2011
      Alas when we do use Skype we are using it free like everyone else (I work at CNN). We run the output of the computer to a scan converter which makes it an hd/sdi source. I've seen good ones and bad ones and almost entirely has to do with the other party's connection. Most likely we have mostly good connections because it's dsl or high speed cable lines paid for by the company at correspondents offices and homes. Furthermore for the last year or so a lot of networks have started opting for the Cisco mii video camera devices which are much higher quality but also run about $500 a pop.

      Make sure u both have a good connection and use a program like ecamm call recorder or snaps x (I'm a Mac guy). And remember, what you see is what you get.

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Scott Stead
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2011
        Yup I think talking heads tv used to use this method where they'd each record on their end then edit the two together. You could simple each call each other on a cell phone like ifb, and then each record your end of the conversation.

        Sent from my iPhone
      • Joly MacFie
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2011
          With cropping and track motion it's a snap in Vegas.

          On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Scott Stead <scott.stead@...> wrote:

          > Yup I think talking heads tv used to use this method where they'd each
          > record on their end then edit the two together. You could simple each call
          > each other on a cell phone like ifb, and then each record your end of the
          > conversation.
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone

          Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
          WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
        • theurbanreporter
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 6, 2011
            What software are you using to record your interviews?

            I use Call Recorder for Mac, and have never had a problem.

            It's really easy to use too. http://www.webvideochefs.com/how-to-record-a-video-interview-with-skype-ecamm/

            There is PC software if you're on a Windows machine as well.

            Amani Channel
            http://www.webvideochefs.com
            @AmaniChannel