Re: The Koday z16 -- is it a goer?

  • compumavengal
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2011
      I had a Zi6 and loved it. Records in .mov, big LCD on the back and the still photos are excellent. Takes AA batteries but you do need the upper level photo kind. If you are on Mac there shouldn't be any problems.

      It does have an ext mic jack so that is not problem at all. I think you could hook up an Zoom H1 with no problems.

      The other option is to go for a new sleek Kodak Playful:
      http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/PLAYFULL_Video_Camera/productID.221644600

      Might be closer to a Flip replacement but it has some juice to it. It does have a mono mic but not and external jac that I can see.

      Maybe a Zi8 would be better if you can't the the Zi6.

      Gena