Re: Vlomo 2011 aka National Videoblogging Posting Month

  • mikemoon_ca
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2011
      Hey Rupert.
      Glad to see you playing again.
      I'm still snickering ... your first 30 second video, umm was 1:22. That's almost 3 days worth. :)

      Good luck my friend.

      Mike
      http://MikeMoon.ca

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "ruhowe" <rupert@...> wrote:

      > Each year people tend to invent some themes or rules of some kind that they can follow individually or together.
      >
      > This year I'm going to try doing just 30 seconds every day.
      >
      > 30/30/30 - 30 days / 30 seconds / 30 frames per second!
      >
      > Of course the only real rule of Vlomo is to post one video per day every day in November.
      > That's all you have to do.
      > Easy.
      >
      > Let's rock!
      >
      > Rupert
      > http://twittervlog.tv

    • Adam Mercado
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 6, 2011
        I wasnt going to play this year, I did every day for the first time
        last year and was happy to meet that challenge. I think I averaged
        about 5 views per video which is a pathetic reward for such an amount
        of work. I think the trouble with Vlomo is that everyone is swamped
        with hundreds of videos from everyone playing along that the same old
        faithful year in year out get a look. The market for new material is
        saturated during November. I know I have a hard time keeping up with
        all but 4-5 producers and if I stumble across a new name to try I
        dont always keep up with them.

        But hey ho, its November and the call to the challenge has me digging
        out my Zi8 again

        time to play
      • Brook Hinton
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 6, 2011
          Hello Good Humans of the Yahoo Videoblogging Group.
          I am vlomo-ing, or doing my best to this year.
          I don't know that I'll be able to post links to individual videos here as
          I'm barely getting the stuff up to begin with, but will do my best.
          The vlomo videos are invisible on my regular site - you can only see them
          on this page:

          http://brookhinton.com/wordpress/?cat=21

          As you'll see if you bother to follow the link, I'm already behind.
          Links and forwards and reposts and comments are welcome, but on my end I'm
          not really promoting it beyond a few friends and other vlomo-ers this year,
          as I'm taking a more low key approach to the work than I usually do.
          Will try to participate in the group as much as possible - it's just an
          unbelievably heavy work month.

          Go Vlomo, and glad to see folks still doing it.

          Brook Hinton

          --
          ____________________________
          Brook Hinton

          Associate Professor / Assistant Chair
          Film Program at CCA
          California College of the Arts
          www.cca.edu/film

        • compumavengal
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2011
            I have linked to two of the video, I can't embed from Posterious but I do point folks over to take a look.

            I'm trying to get as many folks in the gallery as possible.

            Thanks,

            Gena