Re: Vlomo 2011 aka National Videoblogging Posting Month

  • compumavengal
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2011
      It really is International. I fixed it on the blog. The way it was done in the past is that folks post the video on their blogs and then place a link on the Yahoo Groups page. Twitter works as well, so long as I can find the Vlomo2011 videos. I'm going to use the #vlomo2011 hashtag for Twitter.

      I think it would be a good idea for people outside the group that don't know about the different types of videoblogging to have a blog page that they can go to.

      It would also make it a little easier to keep track of the various videos that might be produced in the month.

      I don't know how many people it will be, last year folks started out strong and then life happened to a bunch of people at the same time. If it is a few folks I can get the links and videos up. If 40 or more want in then it might be just the video of the day and then links to other folks.

      Not sure how that is going to work if a lot of people decide to do this.

      Keep it simple means to me that if I get too ambitious I get swamped and nothing gets done. Video creation can be a time suck.

      Like our inspirations at NaNoWriMo, you break it down to what you can do in a day.

      Creating a five minute a day video is fine if you have the time. It is so okay to make a simple one to three minute video, however you define making a video.

      Pace yourselves. Be kind. It is a marathon not a sprint.

      Gena
      http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
      http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, ktcopsey@... wrote:

> [...]
      > It also helps to label the videos with vlomo day X as well.
      > As to a statement - keep it simple - what we are doing, and basic rules
      > for those who want to jump in late.
      >
      > Have fun at the blogworld.
      > Thanks for setting this up
      > Kate
      >

      > I'm not sure if we should do a Twitter hashtag, the spammers will latch on
      > to it. I don't have the hours to filter out video info from the load of
      > crap that can descend on the tag.
      >
      > Please keep in mind that I have a day job that does not allow me to use
      > the Internet for anything but work. They ain't kidding. This will be a before
      > work/after work/sleep kinda thing for me.
      >
      > Also, I'm going to BlogWorld Los Angeles so for sure it will be slow on
      > those two or three days.
      >
      > What I need to know from the participants:
      >
      > What statement would you like on the Tumblr page?
      > Do you just want me to link or to show the video?
      > Other ideas and suggestions.
      >

      > _Kate Copsey
      > Freelance garden writer
      > www.katecopsey.com
      > Host: America's Home Grown Veggie Show
      > on :www.americaswebradio.com
      >
      > Blog: _www.katesgardenjournal.com_ (http://www.katesgardenjournal.com/)
      > Connect on Facebook: Katecopsey
      > Linked in :Kate Copsey
      > Twitter: katycopsey _._,_.___
      >

      > _Reply to sender_
      > (mailto:compumavengal@...?subject=Re:%20Vlomo%202011%20aka%20National%20Videoblogging%20Posting%20Month) | _Reply to
      > group_
      > (mailto:videoblogging@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re:%20Vlomo%202011%20aka%20National%20Videoblogging%20Posting%20Month) | _Reply via web post_
      > NzE0BGdycElkAzEyODA1NjY2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTU1NDAyMQRtc2dJZAM3OTIyOQRzZWMDZnRy
      > BHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEzMTk5ODY3ODk-?act=reply&messageNum=79229) | _Start
      > a New Topic_
      > (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJmN2dvZHFxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEyODA1NjY2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTU1NDAyMQRzZWMD
      > ZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzMTk5ODY3ODk-)
      > _Messages in this topic_
      > (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/message/79229;_ylc=X3oDMTM3N29ndDJqBF9
      > TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEyODA1NjY2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTU1NDAyMQRtc2dJZAM3OTIyOQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzMTk5ODY3OD
      > kEdHBjSWQDNzkyMjk-) (1)
      > Recent Activity:
      >
      > _Visit Your Group_
      > (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging;_ylc=X3oDMTJmbmo0a3IzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEyODA1NjY2BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTU1NDAyMQRzZW
      > MDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzEzMTk5ODY3ODk-)
      >

      > MARKETPLACE
      >

      > _Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on -
      > Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now._
      > (http://global.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15otik4p7/M=493064.14543979.14562481.13298430/D=groups/S=1705554021:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=131999
      > 3990/L=d0c44a9c-0307-11e1-948f-67130db44bd8/B=24svCkoGYvk-/J=131998679003673

    • ruhowe
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2011
        Each year people tend to invent some themes or rules of some kind that they can follow individually or together.

        This year I'm going to try doing just 30 seconds every day.

        30/30/30 - 30 days / 30 seconds / 30 frames per second!

        Of course the only real rule of Vlomo is to post one video per day every day in November.
        That's all you have to do.
        Easy.

        Let's rock!

        Rupert
        http://twittervlog.tv
      • ktcopsey@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2011
          I should try that - my 2 min 40 secs had taken over an hour to shoot, edit
          and upload!

          Kate Copsey
          Freelance garden writer
          www.katecopsey.com
          Host: America's Home Grown Veggie Show
          on :www.americaswebradio.com

          Blog: _www.katesgardenjournal.com_ (http://www.katesgardenjournal.com/)
          Connect on Facebook: Katecopsey
          Linked in :Kate Copsey
          Twitter: katycopsey

          In a message dated 11/1/2011 12:40:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          rupert@... writes:

          This year I'm going to try doing just 30 seconds every day.

          30/30/30 - 30 days / 30 seconds / 30 frames per second!

        • mikemoon_ca
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2011
            Hey Rupert.
            Glad to see you playing again.
            I'm still snickering ... your first 30 second video, umm was 1:22. That's almost 3 days worth. :)

            Good luck my friend.

            Mike
            http://MikeMoon.ca

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "ruhowe" <rupert@...> wrote:

            > Each year people tend to invent some themes or rules of some kind that they can follow individually or together.
            >
            > This year I'm going to try doing just 30 seconds every day.
            >
            > 30/30/30 - 30 days / 30 seconds / 30 frames per second!
            >
            > Of course the only real rule of Vlomo is to post one video per day every day in November.
            > That's all you have to do.
            > Easy.
            >
            > Let's rock!
            >
            > Rupert
            > http://twittervlog.tv

          • Adam Mercado
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 6, 2011
              I wasnt going to play this year, I did every day for the first time
              last year and was happy to meet that challenge. I think I averaged
              about 5 views per video which is a pathetic reward for such an amount
              of work. I think the trouble with Vlomo is that everyone is swamped
              with hundreds of videos from everyone playing along that the same old
              faithful year in year out get a look. The market for new material is
              saturated during November. I know I have a hard time keeping up with
              all but 4-5 producers and if I stumble across a new name to try I
              dont always keep up with them.

              But hey ho, its November and the call to the challenge has me digging
              out my Zi8 again

              time to play
            • Brook Hinton
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 6, 2011
                Hello Good Humans of the Yahoo Videoblogging Group.
                I am vlomo-ing, or doing my best to this year.
                I don't know that I'll be able to post links to individual videos here as
                I'm barely getting the stuff up to begin with, but will do my best.
                The vlomo videos are invisible on my regular site - you can only see them
                on this page:

                http://brookhinton.com/wordpress/?cat=21

                As you'll see if you bother to follow the link, I'm already behind.
                Links and forwards and reposts and comments are welcome, but on my end I'm
                not really promoting it beyond a few friends and other vlomo-ers this year,
                as I'm taking a more low key approach to the work than I usually do.
                Will try to participate in the group as much as possible - it's just an
                unbelievably heavy work month.

                Go Vlomo, and glad to see folks still doing it.

                Brook Hinton

                --
                ____________________________
                Brook Hinton

                Associate Professor / Assistant Chair
                Film Program at CCA
                California College of the Arts
                www.cca.edu/film

              • compumavengal
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 7, 2011
                  I have linked to two of the video, I can't embed from Posterious but I do point folks over to take a look.

                  I'm trying to get as many folks in the gallery as possible.

                  Thanks,

                  Gena