Re: [videoblogging] Re: Video Encoding for the Web With Matrox MXO2 Mini with MAX Option?

  • Matthew Alan
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 19, 2011
      I can say after being in all 48 continental United States in the last two years that this country that is just more than rural areas that have poor service.  There still major cell phone carriers that don't have towers in major cities - try to get an ATT signal in Denver or San Francisco.  All of Wyoming, most of New Mexico, Texas, South Eastern Cali, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, half of Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa are all covered by satelite providers which is roughly half the speed of slow DSL.

      Though, don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking people who have the technical knowledge, it's required, but I am saying for the purposes of doing YouTube, cable television pilots, or even television itself I have never had anyone comment on the quality or raise the issue.  The most common request I get from execs is, "Can you send me a smaller file?"

      I carry my reel on a small HD camera, and that is just a shot of my editing desktop - handheld.

      HD is a standard that is being pushed by the technology companies, not the industry, with most actors not really wanting to do HD pieces because it makes them look older, all the lines, wrinkles, details.  I know that I am 35 and i have to be on camera and I NEVER do it in full HD lol

      All of this being said, I will be delivering two movies this year and having a rendering expert would be nice.  It's a whole different beast to render a full movie than a 5 minute video blog.

      Matt