Re: [videoblogging] editing

  • Matthew Alan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2011
      That is called ADR - you uare doing dialog replacement, though I might find it a bit unsettling to not have the voices match the lips if I was watching a video blog - have you looked into light bulbs?

      I use Sonar Producer 8 for most of my audio editing.  But you would need an external sound card to use it.  Audacity is great actually, but for dialog replacement it's best to have an image of the actual blog in front of you.  Using Sonar would provide you with the actual video so you could attempt to synch the dialog to the image.

      Matt

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2011
        Dude, you have options! I love options. Especially the affordable ones.

        Option 0. I was thinking about how do the audio podcasters manage their audio needs? Especially the low tech folks. I'm not saying yeah or nay to this program, I'm going for concept only. But what about recording to a program like Propaganda. Check out the tutorial.

        http://www.makepropaganda.com You could record your audio, get it slicked up and then export it to your video editing program. You could then cut the video to match the audio. It would handle most of the audio chore part for you.

        Option 1. You can record directly into Audacity. Hook an external mic into your computer and hit record. The problem will come when it is time to sync. Headache but workable.

        Option 2. Get a wind sock for your external mic and record outside.

        Option 3. Get an external digital record like the Zoom H-1 and record to that(maybe using a lav mic) at the same time as you are doing the video recording. Easier to sync it up but you have to remember to hit record.

        Sound silly until you forget to do that a few times. Still would need a wind sock.

        Option 4. Record as you have been an check out a program like iZotrope Speech and Audio Cleaner. There is a module to reduce background noise and one for enhanced speech. It is on sale now for $39. It is good for electrical hums, background or when the speaker is a little too soft spoken.

        I have more ideas but I think I'll crank them out for a blog post or something.

        Gena

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Kirk McLoren <kirkmcloren@...> wrote:

        >  I have come to the conclusion the solution to wind noise is to record indoors and replace the existing audio file on the video.
        > I downloaded a copy of Audacity and looked on Amazon re Roxio. I notice more 1 star reviews than 5 star. What do you recommend for the PC to subsitute
        > audio tracks and edit video?
        > Kirk

      • EarlJ Moniz
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 23, 2011
          Kirk, not sure of your video editing tools...
          If you're using Sony Vegas, it began as an audio tool, then became a video editing tool...
          it has excellent audio tools built right into the video editing suite.

          Just saying. . .

          Until that time ...  Earl J.