Re: [videoblogging] Re: YouTube Creators Direction Is Unbearably White and Segregated

  • Matthew Alan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2011
      and YouTube seems to not be counting external links from Twitter either.  I have three brand new, HD videos up.  This is a new channel for me but getting 100 views without suscribers in the first day is average.  I have 300 friends, addinf 20 to 30 a day, yet I have 10, 40, and 30 viiews.  I watched a national travel blogger re-tweet one of my video becaue he liked it, 10,000 followers: 1 view.

      But let me say something here to you Nikky, and I am being 100% percent sincere, you are a woman, unless you want to plaunt your body you are going to fight for views like the rest of us.  I can say that I have traveled 200,000 miles in the last 2 years filming television pilots.  I subsisted on Rockstar Energy Drink and Ramen Noodles because we had problems with one of the vehicles we were driving, it drained our personal finances to zero continually.

      I suffered through almost havnng my liver fail in san diego after eating something in La Rumorosa Mexico, and getting Hepititus A.  I couldn't get out of bed for a month but I set my computer up in my bed and kept working.

      There have been occasions where I have soent thousands of dollars only to get where we were going and find out there was an issue with our press access.

      I was initially doing all this travel for my video blog and I'm still a video blogger and always will be, I dont like TV.  I like on demand content.  ALL of this being said, I suffered all that hard work to get off the road and start posting some amazing HD shots:  I just posted four dust devils swirling in the desert set to an origianl classical composition and I git TEN views

      Everyone is struggling.  It has nothing to do with gender, ort race, or whatever.  Ita has to do whom the internet decided is going to win on any given day.

      I read you r bio and I have a piece of advice for you.  Enless you are a personal friend do not list Tila Tequila in any manner.  You should also remove the bit about gong through hard time in your bio.  You are 20? Don't take this the wrong way, and I am old- I'm 35- but you need to brand yourself as an adult.

      As far as what I've seen you are doing a great job.  I fight with the same shit, no one wants to see an old guy lol