Viddler dying?

  • Sheila E
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2011
      Does anyone here know what's up with Viddler? I see they now have a monthly fee that starts at $100 a month and goes up from there.
      It's not that I blame anyone for wanting to turn a profit, but for those who have used Viddler for a long time for free, they have frozen our accounts with a notice to say "Pay up" or we'll get to you when we get to you, if ever.
      I sent them an email at the address they gave and it came back saying that email does not exist. Then they say to go to the contact page and I go there and get only an error message on the site.

      Things seem to be desperate at Viddler, which is sad. I always liked them. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?
    • Sheila E
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2011
        I just got through to Viddler on the phone. They will grandfather in people who already have a free account, and they do have a business pro account that starts at $25 that they have not advertised publicly yet.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2011
          On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Sheila E <sheila_clover@...> wrote:
          > I just got through to Viddler on the phone. They will grandfather in people who already have a free account, and they do have a >business pro account that starts at $25 that they have not advertised publicly yet.

          Interesting to see where video hosting companies end up. I guess
          Youtube, Vimeo and blip are really the only ones still standing,
          right? Can Facebook could be seen as a video hosting site too?