Re: [videoblogging] Equipment Info & Question

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2011
      > I recently bought a Canon Vixia HF R20 for about $350 at Sam's Club and I'm thrilled with the quality of the recording. I had been using an Everio that was giving me increasingly scrambled images (sort of pixellated) and it was too frustrating for words.
      > This camera only has a 8GB internal memory, but it has 2 card slots so I will probably be buying cards for it soon. Recording at >full HD takes a lot of memory. If anyone has advice on SD cards, I'd love to hear it.

      REad your camera's manual to see if it needs a certain kind of SD. We
      just bought the biggest cards we could afford. 32GB.

      > I am upgrading my Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 10 to 11, after reading the reviews on Amazon about version 12 (lots of bad reviews).
      > I recently rendered a 1 hour video for upload to YouTube and it took every resource that my poor old laptop had just to render. I >had to upload from another computer and it took 40 hours to upload the 8GB file.

      Did you upload a 8GB file to youtube? I know they say to upload your
      best quality, but thats extreme. An hour shouldnt be any more than iGB
      even at 1080i.

    • Marguerita
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2011
        > Did you upload a 8GB file to youtube? I know they say to upload your
        > best quality, but thats extreme. An hour shouldnt be any more than iGB
        > even at 1080i.
        >
        > Jay

        Yes, I did upload an 8GB file, mostly because I have no idea what I am doing. I rendered using Vegas presets for HD output, to MP2, and that's what I ended up with. It may that big also because of some of the file sizes of photos that are included in the video. I'm learning as I go :)

        Thanks,
        Marguerita
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2011
          > Yes, I did upload an 8GB file, mostly because I have no idea what I am doing. I rendered using Vegas presets for HD output, to MP2, and that's what I ended up with. It may that big also because of some of the file sizes of photos that are included in the video. >I'm learning as I go :)

          Its not a mistake, especially if Youtube accepted. Usually you want to
          try to convert to an MP4. Im sure theres a tutorial on youtube showing
          you how to do this our of Vegas. Transcoding has always been a dark
          art.

          Jay
        • Gabriel Soucheyre
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
            Hi bes way is to use mpegstreamclip to open your file and then convert it to mp4 (check on vimeo website, they give all the useful and simple information).
            good luck
            gabriel

            Le 31 juil. 2011 � 21:26, Jay dedman a �crit :

            > > Yes, I did upload an 8GB file, mostly because I have no idea what I am doing. I rendered using Vegas presets for HD output, to MP2, and that's what I ended up with. It may that big also because of some of the file sizes of photos that are included in the video. >I'm learning as I go :)
            >
            > Its not a mistake, especially if Youtube accepted. Usually you want to
            > try to convert to an MP4. Im sure theres a tutorial on youtube showing
            > you how to do this our of Vegas. Transcoding has always been a dark
            > art.
            >
            > Jay

            Gabriel Soucheyre

            Certifi� Arts, Cin�ma et Audiovisuel
            Editions Num�riques
            Membre du Laboratoire d'esth�tique et d'exp�rimentations de l'espace
            Universit� d'Auvergne
            leee : www.labo-leee.org
            Vid�aste
            http://artists.jimdo.com/
            http://gabriel-soucheyre.jimdo.com/ )

            Gabriel.SOUCHEYRE@...
            D�partement des m�tiers de la culture
            Sp�cialit� du livre et des �ditions num�riques
            Universit� Blaise Pascal
            CLERMONT-FERRAND
            --
            VIDEOFORMES vid�o et nouveaux m�dias dans l'art contemporain
            www.videoformes.com

            Contribuez � la protection de l'environnement, n'imprimez ce mail qu'en cas de n�cessit�
            Help the environment, print out this e-mail only if you need to.