Current wisdom on cheapie online video setup

  • Julian Seery Gude
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2011
      Hi Folks,

      I'm wondering what the current thinking is on a cheap HD setup for online
      video (talking head YouTube stuff)?

      My considerations are:

      - Price
      - Ease of use
      - Native mpg4 h.264

      When I last looked the most popular option was the Kodak Zi8 if not an
      iPhone 4 or similarly equipped Android device. HD webcams are getting
      better.

      Thoughts?

      Thanks!

      --
      *Julian Seery Gude*
      julian@...

    • Jim Turner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2011
        Julian I still use the Zi8 and bought a $20 lapel mic. Now if I could get a
        good editor to be my right hand man I could rule the world.

        Jim

        On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Julian Seery Gude <julian@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi Folks,
        >
        > I'm wondering what the current thinking is on a cheap HD setup for online
        > video (talking head YouTube stuff)?
        >
        > My considerations are:
        >
        > - Price
        > - Ease of use
        > - Native mpg4 h.264
        >
        > When I last looked the most popular option was the Kodak Zi8 if not an
        > iPhone 4 or similarly equipped Android device. HD webcams are getting
        > better.
        >
        > Thoughts?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > --
        > *Julian Seery Gude*
        > julian@...
        > President, exceler8.com
        > {561} 584-9088 or {skype} exceler8
        > Also see LOCALNa8ion.com & BrandTrampoline.com

        Jim Turner
        One By One Media, LLC
        www.onebyonemedia.com
        www.bloggersforhire.com
        @Genuine
        this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2011
          > I'm wondering what the current thinking is on a cheap HD setup for online
          > video (talking head YouTube stuff)?
          > When I last looked the most popular option was the Kodak Zi8 if not an
          > iPhone 4 or similarly equipped Android device. HD webcams are getting
          > better.

          Yeah the Zi8 is the best choice at the moment although I havent played
          around with any web-only cams.

          Jay
        • Julian Seery Gude
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19, 2011
            Thanks Jim and Jay. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something
            important while focused on other stuff.

            I'll update the list if I happen across anything else useful.

            cheers

            ~julian