Re: [videoblogging] Xacti import question; mac/pc

  • Joly MacFie
    Message 1 of 17 , May 24 6:57 PM
      So long ago I'd forgotten. But yes. Well done.

      Win 7 is well worth the upgrade, especially the 64bit version.

      Joly MacFie 218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
      WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
    • Lisa Rein
      Message 2 of 17 , May 24 9:17 PM
        Hey Joly :-)

        Not so well done actually. The link I had to the platform update didn't
        work, and another link (for the same thing) said it didn't apply to my
        platform (or something)...

        Turned out we already had sp2 for vista installed, so we tried Windows
        Live Movie Maker. But it worked like the old version (of windows movie
        maker: not handling the mp4 correctly).

        So we're looking at the sony vegas page... and wondering if it bundles the
        libraries we need WITHIN ITS DISTRIBUTION -- making it easily worth the 50
        bucks. Do ya know? :-))

        thanks!

        lisa

        Message 3 of 17 , May 24 9:27 PM
          The demo is free. I use the pro myself. I can't say for sure.

          Message 4 of 17 , May 25 4:10 PM
            Hi guys,

            Just following up on my adventure.

            So we tried to install the Vista Platform Update (we already had SP2
            installed) - but it said we didn't need it
            -- however, Windows Live Moviemaker still couldn't process the mp4s.

            I was wondering if Vegas perhaps bundled the necessary graphics libraries
            for Vista within its own download, and maybe that's why they say it will
            work on vista?

            anyway -- we're about to take the xacti back, if this doesn't get any
            easier quickly. (I haven't even began to trouble shoot the mac side yet :(

            thanks!

            lisa

            Message 5 of 17 , May 25 7:09 PM
              > anyway -- we're about to take the xacti back, if this doesn't get any
              > easier quickly. (I haven't even began to trouble shoot the mac side yet :(

              Yeah, there's lots of new cameras these days for cheap. But on the
              mac, you should be able to use MPEG Streamclip to convert the files.
              Again, its too bad files just dont work.