Re: DSLR Cameras for video - was Re: [videoblogging] camera suggestion for educational videos

    Message 1 of 11 , May 19 5:35 AM
      > For my everyday camera, I recently switched from vixia hfs20 to a gh2 (not
      > TECHNICALLY a dslr since it's mirrorless, but same idea).
      > I did not do this lightly. I have had to color grade so many 5D and 7D
      > shorts for people and I can't stand the moire, the aliasing, and the
      > constant constant tiny depth of field (it has its place, and its not the
      > CAMERA'S fault of course, but it's like so many people have thrown out 90%
      > of the potential visual language in pursuit of The Almighty Bokeh having
      > just the tip of someone's nose in focus "just like on the last episode of
      > House".)

      Ha! Great review. Yes, I don't mean to encourage over use of the
      shallow depth of field. every shot becomes a bad art film. But it is
      refreshing to have some control over the image.

      Here's another nice series I found on DSLRs"
      http://vimeo.com/videoschool/lesson/11/introduction-to-dslr-cameras

      As Brook reinforces, these cameras are now inexpensive, provide
      excellent quality HD images, and are SMALL. I love being able t6
      "carry on" all our gear when flying.