Re: CISCO Dumps The Flip Camcorder

  • compumavengal
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13 4:54 PM
      Well $50 million here and $400 million there is the kind of money I'd like to suffer with stretching to make do. I think what will happen is that they will find a company to fork people over for limited technical support and pumping the rest of the camcorders out to 3rd and 4th level retailers.

      I would hope that they would hook up with a known photo manufacture like Nikon or Kodak who could re-envision the camcorder to be more attractive.

      There will be people who still want what the camcorder can do. Yes I can shoot video with my smartphone but honestly not everybody has one or an iPhone/iTouch or a contract/data service plan.

      If it went on sale for $60 I think there would be a mad dash to pick one up. It could be this generations PXL2000.

      I so regret not buying that sucker, the PXL2000, silver video on a cassette tape.

      Sigh,

      Gena