Re: [videoblogging] Re: CollabraCam

  • Michael Rosenblum
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2011
      funny
      I just reviewed this this morning
      http://www.nyvs.com/blog/user/michael/The-Switch-is-On-iPhone-App-Replaces-Million-Dollar-Control-Rooms

      On Apr 9, 2011, at 11:26 AM, Lan Bui wrote:

      > Sweet, just used the last code...
      >
      > This is going to go to some use I think!
      >
      > Vu and I are always trying to do multi cam stuff and I think this
      > will be amazing.
      >
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Someone from CollabraCam emailed me since Scott posted about their
      > new
      > > software. Supposedly it lets you edit together iPhone footage from
      > > different angles of the same events. He includes codes for free
      > > downloads of the App.
      > >
      > > Jay
      > > ________________
      > >
      > > This is Kyle from Apptopus, Inc. the developer of CollabraCam.
      > >
      > > CollabraCam is ahead of the technological curve. The occasional
      > black
      > > flashframes occur when switching due to the extreme processing
      > demand
      > > of the app on the cameras. The director comparatively has it easy so
      > > it is best to use your lowest denominator device as the switcher. In
      > > testing we have had results with little to no black and some with
      > > black at 50-60% of the edits.
      > >
      > > There are lots of factors which can have an effect on performance,
      > but
      > > the biggest is processing overhead and memory. It is wise to flush
      > > your memory and kill all background apps before a session. It is
      > also
      > > wise to put your device in airplane mode and turn Wi-Fi back on so a
      > > phone call or text won't disrupt the production.
      > >
      > > The skateboarding video was exported as clips, assembled in iMovie
      > > with a little bit of trim where the black flashframes occurred and I
      > > also added the "Bleached" effect. If you go to the source video on
      > > YouTube there are a few more details.
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypfNy-lhUsY
      > >
      > > We have not had a chance to test all iPad 2's as cameras (haven't
      > even
      > > scored one yet) but the upgrades with the iPad 2 and imminent
      > iPhone 5
      > > in June or September with dual core processors will most likely
      > > eliminate the occasional black flashframes.
      > >
      > > Here are some promo codes. Be courteous and post if you get one so
      > > people don't keep trying them. This is Version 1.0.1, only the
      > > beginning... If you think this tech is cool, please support us
      > with a
      > > purchase. It won't be $4.99 forever!
      > >
      > > EHKL7HKKEKHF
      > > 7F6FNH7YENTW
      > > T7FXJ9WMNT3L
      > > APYJEFEEJM6K

      Michael Rosenblum
      President & CEO

      RosenblumTV

      Michael@...

      Office: +1-212-888-1101
      Office: +1-212-888-1102
      Fax : +1-212-262-2480
      Museum Tower
      15 West 53rd St
      New York, NY 10019

    • scott stead
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 14, 2011
        So CollabraCam was pretty super nice to all of us I think...Kyle just asked
        me to pass this on to anyone that found the app useful

        Big news! CollabraCam has been nominated for a Webby in Best Use of Mobile
        Video. Think you can drum up some votes? *http://bit.ly/i65Mwh*

        <*http://bit.ly/i65Mwh*> CollabraCam is also an Official Honoree for Best
        Use of Device Camera.

        Beyond the posts I saw - did anyone actually get to try it? I'm still trying
        to round up 4 iphone 4's at work to test.

        Scott Stead
        www.scottstead.com
        www.documentaryclub.org
        c) 857.574.0852