CollabraCam

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2011
      Someone from CollabraCam emailed me since Scott posted about their new
      software. Supposedly it lets you edit together iPhone footage from
      different angles of the same events. He includes codes for free
      downloads of the App.

      Jay
      ________________

      This is Kyle from Apptopus, Inc. the developer of CollabraCam.

      CollabraCam is ahead of the technological curve. The occasional black
      flashframes occur when switching due to the extreme processing demand
      of the app on the cameras. The director comparatively has it easy so
      it is best to use your lowest denominator device as the switcher. In
      testing we have had results with little to no black and some with
      black at 50-60% of the edits.

      There are lots of factors which can have an effect on performance, but
      the biggest is processing overhead and memory. It is wise to flush
      your memory and kill all background apps before a session. It is also
      wise to put your device in airplane mode and turn Wi-Fi back on so a
      phone call or text won't disrupt the production.

      The skateboarding video was exported as clips, assembled in iMovie
      with a little bit of trim where the black flashframes occurred and I
      also added the "Bleached" effect. If you go to the source video on
      YouTube there are a few more details.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypfNy-lhUsY

      We have not had a chance to test all iPad 2's as cameras (haven't even
      scored one yet) but the upgrades with the iPad 2 and imminent iPhone 5
      in June or September with dual core processors will most likely
      eliminate the occasional black flashframes.

      Here are some promo codes. Be courteous and post if you get one so
      people don't keep trying them. This is Version 1.0.1, only the
      beginning... If you think this tech is cool, please support us with a
      purchase. It won't be $4.99 forever!

      EHKL7HKKEKHF
      7F6FNH7YENTW
      T7FXJ9WMNT3L
      APYJEFEEJM6K
    • Lan Bui
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2011
        Sweet, just used the last code...

        This is going to go to some use I think!

        Vu and I are always trying to do multi cam stuff and I think this will be amazing.

        > Someone from CollabraCam emailed me since Scott posted about their new
        > software. Supposedly it lets you edit together iPhone footage from
        > different angles of the same events. He includes codes for free
        > downloads of the App.
        >
        > Jay
        > ________________
        >
        > This is Kyle from Apptopus, Inc. the developer of CollabraCam.
        >
        > CollabraCam is ahead of the technological curve. The occasional black
        > flashframes occur when switching due to the extreme processing demand
        > of the app on the cameras. The director comparatively has it easy so
        > it is best to use your lowest denominator device as the switcher. In
        > testing we have had results with little to no black and some with
        > black at 50-60% of the edits.
        >
        > There are lots of factors which can have an effect on performance, but
        > the biggest is processing overhead and memory. It is wise to flush
        > your memory and kill all background apps before a session. It is also
        > wise to put your device in airplane mode and turn Wi-Fi back on so a
        > phone call or text won't disrupt the production.
        >
        > The skateboarding video was exported as clips, assembled in iMovie
        > with a little bit of trim where the black flashframes occurred and I
        > also added the "Bleached" effect. If you go to the source video on
        > YouTube there are a few more details.
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypfNy-lhUsY
        >
        > We have not had a chance to test all iPad 2's as cameras (haven't even
        > scored one yet) but the upgrades with the iPad 2 and imminent iPhone 5
        > in June or September with dual core processors will most likely
        > eliminate the occasional black flashframes.
        >
        > Here are some promo codes. Be courteous and post if you get one so
        > people don't keep trying them. This is Version 1.0.1, only the
        > beginning... If you think this tech is cool, please support us with a
        > purchase. It won't be $4.99 forever!
        >
        > EHKL7HKKEKHF
        > 7F6FNH7YENTW
        > T7FXJ9WMNT3L
        > APYJEFEEJM6K

      • Michael Rosenblum
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9, 2011
          funny
          I just reviewed this this morning
          http://www.nyvs.com/blog/user/michael/The-Switch-is-On-iPhone-App-Replaces-Million-Dollar-Control-Rooms

          On Apr 9, 2011, at 11:26 AM, Lan Bui wrote:

          > Sweet, just used the last code...
          >
          > This is going to go to some use I think!
          >
          > Vu and I are always trying to do multi cam stuff and I think this
          > will be amazing.
          >
          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Someone from CollabraCam emailed me since Scott posted about their
          > new
          > > software. Supposedly it lets you edit together iPhone footage from
          > > different angles of the same events. He includes codes for free
          > > downloads of the App.
          > >
          > > Jay
          > > ________________
          > >
          > > This is Kyle from Apptopus, Inc. the developer of CollabraCam.
          > >
          > > CollabraCam is ahead of the technological curve. The occasional
          > black
          > > flashframes occur when switching due to the extreme processing
          > demand
          > > of the app on the cameras. The director comparatively has it easy so
          > > it is best to use your lowest denominator device as the switcher. In
          > > testing we have had results with little to no black and some with
          > > black at 50-60% of the edits.
          > >
          > > There are lots of factors which can have an effect on performance,
          > but
          > > the biggest is processing overhead and memory. It is wise to flush
          > > your memory and kill all background apps before a session. It is
          > also
          > > wise to put your device in airplane mode and turn Wi-Fi back on so a
          > > phone call or text won't disrupt the production.
          > >
          > > The skateboarding video was exported as clips, assembled in iMovie
          > > with a little bit of trim where the black flashframes occurred and I
          > > also added the "Bleached" effect. If you go to the source video on
          > > YouTube there are a few more details.
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypfNy-lhUsY
          > >
          > > We have not had a chance to test all iPad 2's as cameras (haven't
          > even
          > > scored one yet) but the upgrades with the iPad 2 and imminent
          > iPhone 5
          > > in June or September with dual core processors will most likely
          > > eliminate the occasional black flashframes.
          > >
          > > Here are some promo codes. Be courteous and post if you get one so
          > > people don't keep trying them. This is Version 1.0.1, only the
          > > beginning... If you think this tech is cool, please support us
          > with a
          > > purchase. It won't be $4.99 forever!
          > >
          > > EHKL7HKKEKHF
          > > 7F6FNH7YENTW
          > > T7FXJ9WMNT3L
          > > APYJEFEEJM6K

          Michael Rosenblum
          President & CEO

          RosenblumTV

          Michael@...

          Office: +1-212-888-1101
          Office: +1-212-888-1102
          Fax : +1-212-262-2480
          Museum Tower
          15 West 53rd St
          New York, NY 10019

        • scott stead
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 14, 2011
            So CollabraCam was pretty super nice to all of us I think...Kyle just asked
            me to pass this on to anyone that found the app useful

            Big news! CollabraCam has been nominated for a Webby in Best Use of Mobile
            Video. Think you can drum up some votes? *http://bit.ly/i65Mwh*

            <*http://bit.ly/i65Mwh*> CollabraCam is also an Official Honoree for Best
            Use of Device Camera.

            Beyond the posts I saw - did anyone actually get to try it? I'm still trying
            to round up 4 iphone 4's at work to test.

            Scott Stead
            www.scottstead.com
            www.documentaryclub.org
            c) 857.574.0852