CollabraCam Multi Cam iPhone Video Switching Software

  • scott stead
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2011
      Hey homies - check this out.
      http://collabracam.com/

      I only stumbled onto this because of their price drop. Seriously - it's $5.
      I talked to the developers today and they've told me they're working on 3
      major things that I think are flaw fixing and generally pretty sweet.

      1. Select the audio source so it's not just audio follow video
      2. Enabling 720p video
      3. Making it capable of streaming to the web

      In the meantime - you're stuck with 480p 4x3, AFV, and just recording to
      your photoroll on the phone. Which I'm fine with. I love the idea of
      shooting a canned interview - no editing required.

      Here's a decent review of the software -
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdw5-YSW7BA

      I'm mostly curious (I'm doing a full four camera test tomorrow) about if you
      get the black flashframes between switching cameras like in the demo video
      or if its posible to get a completely clean switch like in their demo videos
      on their site with the skateboarding.

      Ultimately - I have a dream - of a throwdown kit involving a pelican case,
      an anton bauer battery bracket, a stepdown converter so I can power a
      linksys router and keep the ipad charged - to essentially have a wifi
      hotspot and producer station with the iPad mounted in the lid. You'd look so
      f***** cool rolling around a conference with one of these. My sketch is in
      the attachment.

      What you all think?

      Scott Stead