Re: Which kind of websites are used for publishing UGC?

  • theurbanreporter
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2011
      Interesting question Jenna.

      A couple of thoughts. I think you should be considering a couple of points. Do you want to retain relative control over your content, and only let people share it from your site, or do you want the greater digital/social media community to have the chance of discovering it on a network. Of course YouTube is the first that comes to mind, but there are others: Blip, Revver, Metacafe for example.

      As far as what kind of website is used, I believe that any blog platform is more than sufficient for sharing independent content. I started on blogger, then moved onto WordPress. That being said, I also mass distribute, syndicate, and share all of my vlog content videos using Tubemogul.com (http://www.youtube.com/myurbanreport)

      I also don't know if USG is the most accurate term because I also use YouTube to share my professional production projects (http://www.youtube.com/visualeyemedia.com)

      And to top it off we just launched a video production/tech tutorial website called www.webvideochefs.com. My partner and I are taking a more conservative approach to mass sharing our videos. Some of our content will be on video communities, but our goal is to build the site into a destination where people can learn, interact, and ask questions about Web video production.

      Sorry for the lengthy response, but you got me going!

      Any thoughts folks?

      Cheers!

      Amani Channel
      http://www.myurbanreport.com (twitter @urbanreporter)