Google One Pass

  • Joly MacFie
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2011
      Aimed at big media, might this be of interest to videobloggers?

      http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/simple-way-for-publishers-to-manage.html

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2011
        > Aimed at big media, might this be of interest to videobloggers?
        > http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/simple-way-for-publishers-to-manage.html

        This seems an obvious dig at Apple's new subscription service. I know
        we all tried to figure out how to do a good subscription method back
        in the day. You could hack one together with paypal, but it was always
        clunky and not very easy to deal with.

        Its the NPR model. Small regular contributions.

        Someone who makes regular video that people want could easily make a
        comfortable living. 500 giving $100 a year=$50,000. The real challenge
        is making that compelling content and building that strong
        community/conversation. Youd have to learn to run your own business
        too.