Re: [videoblogging] cheap background music?

  • David Jones
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2011
      On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Sunny <woodenuknow@...> wrote:

      > Yep, iClone is sounding better and better... LOL!
      >
      > Here's a question: How do you prove something is your creation?

      You don't have to initially, they take your word for it. Unless they
      get a complaint or their auto detection stuff catches you out, and
      then you have some explaining to do.

      > It seems to me that producing a receipt for a purchase is a lot
      > easier than trying to say you created it yourself, and have YouTube think you are lying. ??

      The problem is that with a Partner account, if you tick the "No" boxes
      and say it's all your own work, then they basically just approve it
      and take your word for it.
      But if you tick a "Yes" box that you have used someone else's work in
      the video (which you would have to do if you bought it) then your
      video gets flags and someone at Youtube will actually check that you
      own the rights. i.e. they look at your receipt, signed form, or other
      proof you give them.
      If they get even a hint that you may not own the rights, or your
      explanation isn't clear to them, your video gets canned. So you are at
      the mercy of someone looking at and interpreting the info you give
      them.

      That's why as a partner it's simply easier and less hassle to create
      everything yourself.

      For those who aren't partners and haven't seen the extra questions
      they ask when you upload a video, here it is:
      http://eevblog.com/images/misc/YoutubeUpload.png

      And yes, you have to fill in that for every video you upload,
      regardless if you have proven the same thing a hundred times before.

      Dave.
    • David Jones
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6, 2011
        On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Sunny <woodenuknow@...> wrote:

        > Ah! Mystery solved!
        > I did not know there was anything other than just having a YouTube account. I always thought that "partner" meant someone simply
        > had a YouTube account. Now I feel a bit better...and how to avoid hassle...just stay out of the "partner stuff". :)

        On the contrary, becoming a Youtube partner is the holy grail for most
        Youtubers.
        It means you get to put ads on your videos and make money, among other
        benefits like no video time limits and extra channel creation stuff.

        Dave.
      • Richard Amirault
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 7, 2011
          From: "David Jones"
          > On the contrary, becoming a Youtube partner is the holy grail for most
          > Youtubers.
          > It means you get to put ads on your videos and make money, among other
          > benefits like no video time limits and extra channel creation stuff.

          YouTube removed the 15 min restriction on some regular accounts already. Who
          they choose for this, and what criteria do they use? I have no idea .. but
          I'm included. I've recently uploaded two hour long videos without a problem.
          It may be that most are now included and only those who have had "problems"
          in the past are still restricted.

          Richard Amirault
          Boston, MA, USA
          http://n1jdu.org
          http://bostonfandom.org
        • Richard Amirault
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 7, 2011
            From: "Richard Amirault"

            >I've recently uploaded two hour long videos without a problem.

            To clarifly ... two videos each one hour long

            Richard Amirault
            Boston, MA, USA
            http://n1jdu.org
            http://bostonfandom.org