Re: [videoblogging] How to do interactive video mapping?

  • David Jones
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2011
      On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Adrian Miles <adrian.miles@...> wrote:

      > this is not my area, so forgive my denseness here :-) wouldn't you film
      > first then use that to set the timings and location?

      You could do that, yes, but how do you know exactly where to put your
      hands, i.e. where the actual items will be in 2 dimensional space in
      front of you as you film? especially as it applies to specific moving
      items on a graph as shown in the video? You can't just fudge the data
      points to fit your hand movements later as that defeats the whole
      point of showing real data.
      You can scale the graph of course, but then you have to ensure your
      hand movements are accurately scaled in an X and Y direction.
      Of course you could just guess and practice, and kind of "calibrate"
      your hand gestures based on distant points in front of you or
      something, but I'm guessing that would take a lot of practice and
      re-takes to get it right?
      I also guess you could project the live data onto a huge screen in
      front of you (behind the camera) and you'd have a real time reference
      point system to work from, and then scale the data in editing to fit?

      Maybe it's a lot simpler than I imagine, but I can't help but think
      it's not going to be as easy as it looks?

      Dave.