Re: [videoblogging] Making WebM video

  • David Jones
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2011
      On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:17 AM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:
      > As is now, we have one codec used to capture the video, one codec used
      > when editing, and then a bunch of different codecs to post online. Is
      > this a technical issue or something to do with licenses and fees?

      I shoot in H.264
      I edit in H.264
      I post online in both hi-res Youtube and low-res podcast/iTunes
      versions in H.264
      So I don't have need for any other codecs.

      Many prefer to edit in another format because it's more "frame edit friendly".

      Dave.
      (P.S. I do actually use an intermediate MPEG2 step to generate my
      final rendered H.264 output, but that's only because of the poor
      quality H264 encoder and choices in my edit software)