Youtube thumbnails

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 17, 2011
      I just noticed that Youtube now lets you upload your own thumbnail for
      videos. Thats pretty huge. I know that was an ongoing complaint of the
      site. Thats pretty big.

    • Tom Dolan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 17, 2011
        Mornin Jay,

        It is HUGE! I have so many 'dorky' weird pics of me on my vids.... thanx for
        the heads up.

        Tom

        --
        Tom Dolan
        http://tomjdolan.com

      • Chad F. Boeninger
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 17, 2011
          That is very huge.  I'll definitely check this out on my next video.  Thanks for pointing this out, Jay.

          -Chad

          -- Sent from my Palm Pre

          --

          Tom Dolan

          http://tomjdolan.com

          <*> Your email settings:

          Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:

          (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

          videoblogging-digest@yahoogroups.com

          videoblogging-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • David King
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 17, 2011
            Wow - that's awesome!

            David

            On Jan 17, 2011, at 12:51 PM, "Chad F. Boeninger" <cfboeninger@...> wrote:

            > That is very huge.  I'll definitely check this out on my next video.  Thanks for pointing this out, Jay.
            >
            > -Chad
            >
            > -- Sent from my Palm Pre
            > On Jan 17, 2011 1:04 PM, Tom Dolan <tomjdolan@...> wrote:
            >
            > Mornin Jay,
            >
            > It is HUGE! I have so many 'dorky' weird pics of me on my vids.... thanx for
            >
            > the heads up.
            >
            > Tom
            >
            > On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:
            >

            > > I just noticed that Youtube now lets you upload your own thumbnail for
            >
            > > videos. Thats pretty huge. I know that was an ongoing complaint of the
            >
            > > site. Thats pretty big.
            >

            > > Jay
            >

            > > --
            >
            > > 917 371 6790
            >
            > > 540 860 0673
            >

            > --
            >
            > Tom Dolan
            >
            > http://tomjdolan.com

            > <*> Your email settings:
            >
            > Individual Email | Traditional
            >
            > <*> To change settings online go to:

            > (Yahoo! ID required)
            >
            > <*> To change settings via email:
            >
            > videoblogging-digest@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > videoblogging-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Richard Amirault
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 17, 2011
              >I just noticed that Youtube now lets you upload your own thumbnail for
              > videos. Thats pretty huge. I know that was an ongoing complaint of the
              > site. Thats pretty big.

              Is that only for new uploads? I don't see a place in EDIT MY VIDEO to add a
              custom thumbnail. If so then I'll need to have a custom thumbnail ready for
              the next upload.

              Richard Amirault
              Boston, MA, USA
              http://n1jdu.org
              http://bostonfandom.org
            • David Jones
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 17, 2011
                On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:45 AM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

                > I just noticed that Youtube now lets you upload your own thumbnail for
                > videos. Thats pretty huge. I know that was an ongoing complaint of the
                > site. Thats pretty big.

                Looks like they are slowing eating away at the benefits once only
                offered to Youtube Partners.
                Partners have had this ability for a long time.

                I can't wait for Youtube to roll out the live streaming service
                (supposedly only available to partners).

                Dave.