Red Scarlet

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2011
      We've discussed this for several years, but it looks like the portable
      RED camera is here:
      http://ces.crunchgear.com/2011/01/hands-on-with-the-red-scarlet-video-coming/

    • krystianmorgan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2011
        Thanks for the link, I'm gonna reblog it.

        Wow 'around $6000' he says. That gets me thinking. I expected it would be at around $12000'.

        Hope they are out soon as they seem like a realistic investment.

        Krystian Morgan

        -----------------------------------
        http://PorbeagleHut.com - Feature film blog
        http://Qemic.com - Motion Graphics Videoblog

        krys[at]kmogvideo.net

        > We've discussed this for several years, but it looks like the portable
        > RED camera is here:
        > http://ces.crunchgear.com/2011/01/hands-on-with-the-red-scarlet-video-coming/

        > 917 371 6790
        > 540 860 0673

      • Adam Mercado
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2011
          Yeah too little too late. And the promise of 3k for 3k has long since
          evaporated. Was going to be a great videoblogging/indie filmmaking
          camera at one point. But with the current price structure and modular
          nature I think it's priced itself out of relevance. And with the
          strength and success of the DSLR video I think the Scarlet is in an
          awkward place marketwise. I don't think the kind of filmakers shooting
          on cameras of that budget are too concerned with RAW footage and a
          Canon 5D looks way more appealing. We will see. I think a lot of
          people who were excited at first are now just pissed off it took so
          long to come to market

          Adam Mercado
          Influxx Media Production

        • s_scoggins
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 17, 2011
            Red Scarlet is dead. Now it's the Epic-S:

            http://www.redcamcentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1177&sid=67fb08a2d3e3c53c571e85fa2e11a5f5

            The HDSLR's and their mirrorless siblings have taken this space (cheap, large sensor, portable, full HD). Now the Lumix GH2 is really putting the cat among the pigeons. Epic-S is irrelevant.

            -Sam