Re: Veoh - your opinion?

  • krystianmorgan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2011
      I used to use Veoh a lot about 4 years ago, it was much cleaner there and had more community quite like Vimeo is now. I just checked it out again for the first time in a long time and you're right it's full of ads, videos take up a very small portion of the page and there are lengthy pre-roll adds too even on shorts.

      The novelty wore off a long time ago for me. You're copyright emails surprise me as Veoh has a lot of feature films on it uploaded by well.... not the companies that own the rights:
      http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/dr+strangelove

      Krystian Morgan

      -----------------------------------
      http://PorbeagleHut.com - Feature film blog
      http://Qemic.com - Motion Graphics Videoblog

      krys[at]kmogvideo.net

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Sheila E" <sheila_clover@...> wrote:

      > Veoh was dead, then alive, then dead...
      > It is up and has been for a while. Lots of pre-roll ads and the new site functionality doesn't really impress me much.
      > My complaint is that they have automated to death, maybe their own death. They removed one of my videos saying it was a copyright thing. I addressed it, they did nothing then removed another and now say they will terminate my account. All over issues I have fully addressed. I am in compliance and proved it.
      > Does anyone use Veoh and like it? And if so, why? Am I missing something great about Veoh because I'm blinded by how ineffectual it is to contact them?

    • Sunny Gault
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2011
        The initial people behind Veoh are no longer associated with the company, which is probably why you're seeing such a dramatic change. I worked for Veoh from 2006-2008 and I can say firsthand that the people I worked with really cared about the product because they helped create it. Hope that helps shed some light on the situation.

        Sunny Gault
        http://www.sunnygault.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2011
          > The initial people behind Veoh are no longer associated with the company, which is probably why you're seeing such a dramatic change. I worked for Veoh from 2006-2008 and I can say firsthand that the people I worked with really cared about the product because >they helped create it. Hope that helps shed some light on the situation.

          As a VC funded company that 5 years old, I assume they changed
          leadership and dramatically cut staff. Probably just keeping costs low
          while they struggle to find a buyer to salvage their investment.
          Doubtful they care much about individual users at this point.

          Jay
        • Sunny Gault
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2011