Veoh - your opinion?

  • Sheila E
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2011
      Veoh was dead, then alive, then dead...
      It is up and has been for a while. Lots of pre-roll ads and the new site functionality doesn't really impress me much.
      My complaint is that they have automated to death, maybe their own death. They removed one of my videos saying it was a copyright thing. I addressed it, they did nothing then removed another and now say they will terminate my account. All over issues I have fully addressed. I am in compliance and proved it.
      Does anyone use Veoh and like it? And if so, why? Am I missing something great about Veoh because I'm blinded by how ineffectual it is to contact them?
    • krystianmorgan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2011
        I used to use Veoh a lot about 4 years ago, it was much cleaner there and had more community quite like Vimeo is now. I just checked it out again for the first time in a long time and you're right it's full of ads, videos take up a very small portion of the page and there are lengthy pre-roll adds too even on shorts.

        The novelty wore off a long time ago for me. You're copyright emails surprise me as Veoh has a lot of feature films on it uploaded by well.... not the companies that own the rights:
        http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/dr+strangelove

        Krystian Morgan

        -----------------------------------
        http://PorbeagleHut.com - Feature film blog
        http://Qemic.com - Motion Graphics Videoblog

        krys[at]kmogvideo.net

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Sheila E" <sheila_clover@...> wrote:

        > Veoh was dead, then alive, then dead...
        > It is up and has been for a while. Lots of pre-roll ads and the new site functionality doesn't really impress me much.
        > My complaint is that they have automated to death, maybe their own death. They removed one of my videos saying it was a copyright thing. I addressed it, they did nothing then removed another and now say they will terminate my account. All over issues I have fully addressed. I am in compliance and proved it.
        > Does anyone use Veoh and like it? And if so, why? Am I missing something great about Veoh because I'm blinded by how ineffectual it is to contact them?

      • Sunny Gault
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2011
          The initial people behind Veoh are no longer associated with the company, which is probably why you're seeing such a dramatic change. I worked for Veoh from 2006-2008 and I can say firsthand that the people I worked with really cared about the product because they helped create it. Hope that helps shed some light on the situation.

          Sunny Gault
          http://www.sunnygault.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2011
            > The initial people behind Veoh are no longer associated with the company, which is probably why you're seeing such a dramatic change. I worked for Veoh from 2006-2008 and I can say firsthand that the people I worked with really cared about the product because >they helped create it. Hope that helps shed some light on the situation.

            As a VC funded company that 5 years old, I assume they changed
            leadership and dramatically cut staff. Probably just keeping costs low
            while they struggle to find a buyer to salvage their investment.
            Doubtful they care much about individual users at this point.

            Jay
          • Sunny Gault
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 9, 2011