Re: [videoblogging] Re: How do you vlog and why?

  • David Jones
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2011
      On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:57 PM, theurbanreporter <amani_c@...> wrote:

      > Great into. So the Sanyo Xacti has a mic input?

      Yes, and a cold shoe mount on top for mounting the mic. One of the
      main reasons for its popularity as a blogging camera.

      >I've been using a Kodak Zi8 since the Summer and love it. I've actually rigged it to work with a Sony lavaliere mic that was handed down to me when I worked in local news, but I also an Olympus ME-!5 lapel mic as well.

      I do too much moving and waving around in the lab to use a lapel mic.
      I've got a wireless mic system for field interview use as well.
      I also have a Zoom H1 mic for portable autonomous recording.

      > Everything is getting so much smaller these days. I completely understand the time issue... Especially if you're doing any kind of serious editing.
      >
      > There really is branding/key influencer power that goes hand in hand with video blogging.

      Indeed. I have been able to influence the direction of several major
      billion dollar corporations through the power of my blogs and
      audience.

      Dave.