Re: [videoblogging] All in one for indy filmmakers

  • David Jones
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
      On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

      > > Many indy films have been financed through
      > > http://www.kickstarter.com
      > > http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/film%20&%20video?ref=sidebar
      >
      > Yep, Kickstarter is great. But hey just do fundraising.

      But they do it very well though, it's very high profile, and they are
      almost certainly the biggest?
      That means a good number of the projects end up reaching their target funding.

      > Vo.do is interesting because it also helps with distribution. They
      > partner with http://ez.tv so get a lot of downloads among the torrent
      > crowd.

      Sure, all marketing and distribution helps, but of course the most
      important marketing is the hard work you put in yourself.

      As for torrents, when I released an ebook quite a few years ago on
      torrent I simply hosted and listed it myself and within a few days
      (with no publicity at all) I got notified by my web host that I had
      exceeded my multi GB web site traffic limit it was so popular!

      > Again, this is for longer format that wont necessarily work on the
      > current Youtube,.

      Not an issue for Youtube Partners.
      If you've got a good film/doco/whatever I suspect it wouldn't be too
      hard to find a youtube partner to host it for you (specially if you
      let them get some or all the ad revenue).
      I'm doing this for a filmmaker friend of mine:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GTgQrP5_c8
      (only a trailer now, but I will be hosting the 3 x full length doco
      episodes on Youtube for him)

      Dave.