Re: [videoblogging] All in one for indy filmmakers

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
      > Many indy films have been financed through
      > http://www.kickstarter.com
      > http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/film%20&%20video?ref=sidebar

      Yep, Kickstarter is great. But hey just do fundraising.
      Vo.do is interesting because it also helps with distribution. They
      partner with http://ez.tv so get a lot of downloads among the torrent
      crowd.

      Again, this is for longer format that wont necessarily work on the
      current Youtube,.

    • David Jones
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
        On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

        > > Many indy films have been financed through
        > > http://www.kickstarter.com
        > > http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/film%20&%20video?ref=sidebar
        >
        > Yep, Kickstarter is great. But hey just do fundraising.

        But they do it very well though, it's very high profile, and they are
        almost certainly the biggest?
        That means a good number of the projects end up reaching their target funding.

        > Vo.do is interesting because it also helps with distribution. They
        > partner with http://ez.tv so get a lot of downloads among the torrent
        > crowd.

        Sure, all marketing and distribution helps, but of course the most
        important marketing is the hard work you put in yourself.

        As for torrents, when I released an ebook quite a few years ago on
        torrent I simply hosted and listed it myself and within a few days
        (with no publicity at all) I got notified by my web host that I had
        exceeded my multi GB web site traffic limit it was so popular!

        > Again, this is for longer format that wont necessarily work on the
        > current Youtube,.

        Not an issue for Youtube Partners.
        If you've got a good film/doco/whatever I suspect it wouldn't be too
        hard to find a youtube partner to host it for you (specially if you
        let them get some or all the ad revenue).
        I'm doing this for a filmmaker friend of mine:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GTgQrP5_c8
        (only a trailer now, but I will be hosting the 3 x full length doco
        episodes on Youtube for him)

        Dave.