Re: [videoblogging] All in one for indy filmmakers

  • David Jones
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
      On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

      > This isnt so much for videobloggers but I think everyone could appreciate.
      > http://vo.do/
      >
      > This site helps filmmakers raise money, produce, and distribute their
      > films.

      Many indy films have been financed through
      http://www.kickstarter.com

      http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/film%20&%20video?ref=sidebar

      Dave.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
        > Many indy films have been financed through
        > http://www.kickstarter.com
        > http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/film%20&%20video?ref=sidebar

        Yep, Kickstarter is great. But hey just do fundraising.
        Vo.do is interesting because it also helps with distribution. They
        partner with http://ez.tv so get a lot of downloads among the torrent
        crowd.

        Again, this is for longer format that wont necessarily work on the
        current Youtube,.

      • David Jones
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
          On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

          > > Many indy films have been financed through
          > > http://www.kickstarter.com
          > > http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/film%20&%20video?ref=sidebar
          >
          > Yep, Kickstarter is great. But hey just do fundraising.

          But they do it very well though, it's very high profile, and they are
          almost certainly the biggest?
          That means a good number of the projects end up reaching their target funding.

          > Vo.do is interesting because it also helps with distribution. They
          > partner with http://ez.tv so get a lot of downloads among the torrent
          > crowd.

          Sure, all marketing and distribution helps, but of course the most
          important marketing is the hard work you put in yourself.

          As for torrents, when I released an ebook quite a few years ago on
          torrent I simply hosted and listed it myself and within a few days
          (with no publicity at all) I got notified by my web host that I had
          exceeded my multi GB web site traffic limit it was so popular!

          > Again, this is for longer format that wont necessarily work on the
          > current Youtube,.

          Not an issue for Youtube Partners.
          If you've got a good film/doco/whatever I suspect it wouldn't be too
          hard to find a youtube partner to host it for you (specially if you
          let them get some or all the ad revenue).
          I'm doing this for a filmmaker friend of mine:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GTgQrP5_c8
          (only a trailer now, but I will be hosting the 3 x full length doco
          episodes on Youtube for him)

          Dave.