All in one for indy filmmakers

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
      This isnt so much for videobloggers but I think everyone could appreciate.
      http://vo.do/

      This site helps filmmakers raise money, produce, and distribute their
      films. Basically a direct interface between creator and audience. It
      uses bittorrent for downloading so no cost to anyone since its
      distributed. Creators keep all rights to their work.

      This is all stuff we were talking about since 2005, but now all the
      pieces have been put together. Now the difficult part: making good
      video!

    • David Jones
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
        On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

        > This isnt so much for videobloggers but I think everyone could appreciate.
        > http://vo.do/
        >
        > This site helps filmmakers raise money, produce, and distribute their
        > films.

        Many indy films have been financed through
        http://www.kickstarter.com

        http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/film%20&%20video?ref=sidebar

        Dave.
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
          > Many indy films have been financed through
          > http://www.kickstarter.com
          > http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/film%20&%20video?ref=sidebar

          Yep, Kickstarter is great. But hey just do fundraising.
          Vo.do is interesting because it also helps with distribution. They
          partner with http://ez.tv so get a lot of downloads among the torrent
          crowd.

          Again, this is for longer format that wont necessarily work on the
          current Youtube,.

        • David Jones
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
            On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

            > > Many indy films have been financed through
            > > http://www.kickstarter.com
            > > http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/film%20&%20video?ref=sidebar
            >
            > Yep, Kickstarter is great. But hey just do fundraising.

            But they do it very well though, it's very high profile, and they are
            almost certainly the biggest?
            That means a good number of the projects end up reaching their target funding.

            > Vo.do is interesting because it also helps with distribution. They
            > partner with http://ez.tv so get a lot of downloads among the torrent
            > crowd.

            Sure, all marketing and distribution helps, but of course the most
            important marketing is the hard work you put in yourself.

            As for torrents, when I released an ebook quite a few years ago on
            torrent I simply hosted and listed it myself and within a few days
            (with no publicity at all) I got notified by my web host that I had
            exceeded my multi GB web site traffic limit it was so popular!

            > Again, this is for longer format that wont necessarily work on the
            > current Youtube,.

            Not an issue for Youtube Partners.
            If you've got a good film/doco/whatever I suspect it wouldn't be too
            hard to find a youtube partner to host it for you (specially if you
            let them get some or all the ad revenue).
            I'm doing this for a filmmaker friend of mine:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GTgQrP5_c8
            (only a trailer now, but I will be hosting the 3 x full length doco
            episodes on Youtube for him)

            Dave.