Re: [videoblogging] JayCut or Open Source video editing?

  • Rupert Howe
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2010
      Lightworks has just been re-released as free open source. One of the
      first NLEs, used for years in broadcast and film. Looks promising. I
      have just moved to pc at the office so that I can test it.
      Rupert

      On 12/15/10, Caleb Clark <calebjc@...> wrote:
      > Anybody used http://jaycut.com/ ?
      > Or have intel on the progress of any open source video editors al la
      > Audacity?
      >
      > --
      > ~ Caleb Clark
      > - Program Director, Teaching with Technology
      > - Marlboro College Graduate School:
      > http://gradcenter.marlboro.edu/academics/mat/faculty
      > - Portfolio: http://www.plocktau.com
      > "The problem with communication is the assumption it has been accomplished."
      > - G. B. Shaw.

    • calebjc
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
        Thanks, great info for my students.

        BTW, I have been advising our K12 Teachers in training to use MPEGStreamclip to break up their long videos of them in the classroom, into 10 minute chunks for YT, and they love the ease of use of the in and out points.