Re: JayCut or Open Source video editing?

  • philipmanktelow
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2010
      I have used Jay cut but I only can tell of bad news.
      Jay cut is a very, very basic video editor. You can get better results out of Movie Maker for goodness sake!

      The controls are very fiddly and you can only work properly in Full Screen Mode and then a lot of tools are restricted.

      I'd say "Stay away from it". If you want a good online editor I should point you towards YouTube Editor (http://www.youtube.com/editor)

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Caleb Clark <calebjc@...> wrote:

      > Anybody used http://jaycut.com/ ?
      > Or have intel on the progress of any open source video editors al la
      > Audacity?
      >
      > --
      > ~ Caleb Clark
      > - Program Director, Teaching with Technology
      > - Marlboro College Graduate School:
      > http://gradcenter.marlboro.edu/academics/mat/faculty
      > - Portfolio: http://www.plocktau.com
      > "The problem with communication is the assumption it has been accomplished."
      > - G. B. Shaw.

    • Rupert Howe
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 15, 2010
        Lightworks has just been re-released as free open source. One of the
        first NLEs, used for years in broadcast and film. Looks promising. I
        have just moved to pc at the office so that I can test it.
        Rupert

        On 12/15/10, Caleb Clark <calebjc@...> wrote:
        > Anybody used http://jaycut.com/ ?
        > Or have intel on the progress of any open source video editors al la
        > Audacity?
        >
        > --
        > ~ Caleb Clark
        > - Program Director, Teaching with Technology
        > - Marlboro College Graduate School:
        > http://gradcenter.marlboro.edu/academics/mat/faculty
        > - Portfolio: http://www.plocktau.com
        > "The problem with communication is the assumption it has been accomplished."
        > - G. B. Shaw.

      • calebjc
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
          Thanks, great info for my students.

          BTW, I have been advising our K12 Teachers in training to use MPEGStreamclip to break up their long videos of them in the classroom, into 10 minute chunks for YT, and they love the ease of use of the in and out points.