Re: Amazon Studios?

  • krystianmorgan
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 17, 2010
      This is pretty cool, and great I suppose that bigger more established companies are getting into the whole, 'Let the people make the movies' thing. I can't help but wonder how much control they would take altering story, controlling what elements go into said film... if indeed you are elected.

      I've been researching into this alot lately, reading books on it and generally googling around kickstarter and indygogo. It all seems so tempting with all the projects running and getting made. I think what I could do if I had £20,000 to spend on my film, the approach I'd take would be very different indeed to what I've planned for years and lately I've been trying to muster up any possible way that I could get to that, but so far I'm quite pessimistic about it. I don't feel like you can make indygogo or kickstarter work unless you have an existing community, which I and many don't, I at the moment feel there's no way to achieve that goal straight out of the box as it were.

      I'm just committed to the fact that I'm going to make one, whatever means necessary. If I could raise money great, If not it's a bit more work and faith on my part but the end is the same.

      I'll be following this though to see what comes out of it. Definitely interesting.

      Krystian

      http://porbeaglehut.com