Navlopomo / #vlomo10 / Vlogging Month 2010

  • Rupert Howe
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 29, 2010
      It's that time again...

      All you have to do:
      Post one video per day, every day in November.
      Any length, any subject, anywhere.

      I'll be doing my usual thing of posting until about the 22nd/23rd and then
      flaking out with loads of unnecessary angst.
      But I love it because it motivates me to carry a camera everywhere, and
      means I actually shoot and cut some videos.

      Hashtag is #vlomo10

      WHO'S IN?

      Rupert
      http://twittervlog.tv

      PS - I haven't thought about organising the chain game of video consequences
      like we did last year - 30 people each choosing a day and following on from
      the previous day in a 30 day chain. I don't have the time to sort this out
      this year - does anybody else feel like organising it?

    • Kath O'Donnell
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 29, 2010
        great thanks for the reminder Rupert. I'll have a go again. more travel to
        work videos & maybe some music gigs I go to. hopefully no hotels this year.
        home instead. & yes, fading towards the end ;)

        On 30 October 2010 11:40, Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

        > It's that time again...
        >
        > All you have to do:
        > Post one video per day, every day in November.
        > Any length, any subject, anywhere.
        >
        > I'll be doing my usual thing of posting until about the 22nd/23rd and then
        > flaking out with loads of unnecessary angst.
        > But I love it because it motivates me to carry a camera everywhere, and
        > means I actually shoot and cut some videos.
        >
        > Hashtag is #vlomo10
        >
        > WHO'S IN?
        >
        > Rupert
        > http://twittervlog.tv
        >
        > PS - I haven't thought about organising the chain game of video
        > consequences
        > like we did last year - 30 people each choosing a day and following on from
        > the previous day in a 30 day chain. I don't have the time to sort this out
        > this year - does anybody else feel like organising it?

      • compumavengal
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 29, 2010
          Naw, I think we should be open participation this year - I know most of us are time crunched so even if I can only to 3 or 14 days there still would be a lot of video content out and about.

          If folks use the #vlomo10 tag we can find each other's videos. Or post here. I'm not particular.

          Anything, everything but do something. I'm mainly talking to myself at this moment. Feeling depressed about the rampant stupidity of where I live at this moment in time.

          After Nov 2nd the US can kiss the possibility of a Shield law goodbye.
          http://ajr.org/Article.asp?id=4959 Those of us that remember Josh Wolff...

          Not meaning to de-rail the positive, but we need to do what we can while we can.

          Carry on.

          Gena

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

          > It's that time again...
          >
          > All you have to do:
          > Post one video per day, every day in November.
          > Any length, any subject, anywhere.
          >
          > I'll be doing my usual thing of posting until about the 22nd/23rd and then
          > flaking out with loads of unnecessary angst.
          > But I love it because it motivates me to carry a camera everywhere, and
          > means I actually shoot and cut some videos.
          >
          > Hashtag is #vlomo10
          >
          > WHO'S IN?
          >
          > Rupert
          > http://twittervlog.tv
          >
          > PS - I haven't thought about organising the chain game of video consequences
          > like we did last year - 30 people each choosing a day and following on from
          > the previous day in a 30 day chain. I don't have the time to sort this out
          > this year - does anybody else feel like organising it?

        • clintcomer
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 30, 2010
            Oh hell yes. It's on!

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

            > It's that time again...
            >
            > All you have to do:
            > Post one video per day, every day in November.
            > Any length, any subject, anywhere.
            >
            > I'll be doing my usual thing of posting until about the 22nd/23rd and then
            > flaking out with loads of unnecessary angst.
            > But I love it because it motivates me to carry a camera everywhere, and
            > means I actually shoot and cut some videos.
            >
            > Hashtag is #vlomo10
            >
            > WHO'S IN?
            >
            > Rupert
            > http://twittervlog.tv
            >
            > PS - I haven't thought about organising the chain game of video consequences
            > like we did last year - 30 people each choosing a day and following on from
            > the previous day in a 30 day chain. I don't have the time to sort this out
            > this year - does anybody else feel like organising it?

          • Dee Harvey
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 30, 2010
              I don't have the time in the early part of the month to do more than
              about 1 per week.

              I'm supposed to be having an operation later in the month (date tbc)
              so there might be a window during my recovery time. (I can just
              imagine my husband and mother when I start disappearing off to make
              videos when I'm meant to be resting :D)

              If it's agreed to use the #vlomo10 if you're doing your best but
              can't do 1 per day, I'm in.

              On 30 Oct 2010, at 02:49, compumavengal wrote:

              > Naw, I think we should be open participation this year - I know most
              > of us are time crunched so even if I can only to 3 or 14 days there
              > still would be a lot of video content out and about.
              >
              > If folks use the #vlomo10 tag we can find each other's videos. Or
              > post here. I'm not particular.
              >
              > Anything, everything but do something. I'm mainly talking to myself
              > at this moment. Feeling depressed about the rampant stupidity of
              > where I live at this moment in time.
              >
              > After Nov 2nd the US can kiss the possibility of a Shield law goodbye.
              > http://ajr.org/Article.asp?id=4959 Those of us that remember Josh
              > Wolff...
              >
              > Not meaning to de-rail the positive, but we need to do what we can
              > while we can.
              >
              > Carry on.
              >
              > Gena
              >
              > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > It's that time again...
              > >
              > > All you have to do:
              > > Post one video per day, every day in November.
              > > Any length, any subject, anywhere.
              > >
              > > I'll be doing my usual thing of posting until about the 22nd/23rd
              > and then
              > > flaking out with loads of unnecessary angst.
              > > But I love it because it motivates me to carry a camera
              > everywhere, and
              > > means I actually shoot and cut some videos.
              > >
              > > Hashtag is #vlomo10
              > >
              > > WHO'S IN?
              > >
              > > Rupert
              > > http://twittervlog.tv
              > >
              > > PS - I haven't thought about organising the chain game of video
              > consequences
              > > like we did last year - 30 people each choosing a day and
              > following on from
              > > the previous day in a 30 day chain. I don't have the time to sort
              > this out
              > > this year - does anybody else feel like organising it?

            • katycopsey
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 30, 2010
                I don't know if I was part of this group last yr, but this is the first I heard of this challenge. I am thinking I could do some quick, not edited, shots of the garden as we move from fall into flurries. Would that count?????? I also need to find some brilliant use for my webpage and blog that were supposed to be for videos etc.
                Kate

                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

                > It's that time again...
                >
                > All you have to do:
                > Post one video per day, every day in November.
                > Any length, any subject, anywhere.
                >
                > I'll be doing my usual thing of posting until about the 22nd/23rd and then
                > flaking out with loads of unnecessary angst.
                > But I love it because it motivates me to carry a camera everywhere, and
                > means I actually shoot and cut some videos.
                >
                > Hashtag is #vlomo10
                >
                > WHO'S IN?
                >
                > Rupert
                > http://twittervlog.tv
                >
                > PS - I haven't thought about organising the chain game of video consequences
                > like we did last year - 30 people each choosing a day and following on from
                > the previous day in a 30 day chain. I don't have the time to sort this out
                > this year - does anybody else feel like organising it?

              • Juan John Cardenas
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 30, 2010
                  I am IN as usual

                  I made it last year ...so why not?..lets keep the challenge!!

                  John Dkar

                  http://www.cardren.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/JohnDkar
                  http://www.twitwall.com/johndkarfilms
                  http://twitter.com/JohnDkarFilms
                  http://www.facebook.com/johndkarfilms
                  http://wallpapers.cardren.com

                  > To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: clintcomer@...
                  > Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 14:49:52 +0000
                  > Subject: [videoblogging] Re: Navlopomo / #vlomo10 / Vlogging Month 2010
                  >
                  > Oh hell yes. It's on!
                  >
                  > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > It's that time again...
                  > >
                  > > All you have to do:
                  > > Post one video per day, every day in November.
                  > > Any length, any subject, anywhere.
                  > >
                  > > I'll be doing my usual thing of posting until about the 22nd/23rd and then
                  > > flaking out with loads of unnecessary angst.
                  > > But I love it because it motivates me to carry a camera everywhere, and
                  > > means I actually shoot and cut some videos.
                  > >
                  > > Hashtag is #vlomo10
                  > >
                  > > WHO'S IN?
                  > >
                  > > Rupert
                  > > http://twittervlog.tv
                  > >
                  > > PS - I haven't thought about organising the chain game of video consequences
                  > > like we did last year - 30 people each choosing a day and following on from
                  > > the previous day in a 30 day chain. I don't have the time to sort this out
                  > > this year - does anybody else feel like organising it?

                • mikemoon_ca
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 30, 2010
                    Hey my vlogging friends.
                    With a new job (60hours / week), commute (16hours / week) ... I'm afraid I might not be able to play this year. It's too bad really, because it would have been my 4th year of 30 in 30.
                    I'll try and figure out something..

                    NOW, if I had my iPod Touch -- you know, the one I'm asking for Christmas, I could shoot/produce on the train/buses I'm on ... but alas, it's not Christmas yet. :)

                    I'm sending you all good wishes and luck in completion of the month.

                    Vlog on Bitches!

                    Mike
                    http://MikeMoon.ca

                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:

                    > It's that time again...
                    >
                    > All you have to do:
                    > Post one video per day, every day in November.
                    > Any length, any subject, anywhere.
                    >
                    > I'll be doing my usual thing of posting until about the 22nd/23rd and then
                    > flaking out with loads of unnecessary angst.
                    > But I love it because it motivates me to carry a camera everywhere, and
                    > means I actually shoot and cut some videos.
                    >
                    > Hashtag is #vlomo10
                    >
                    > WHO'S IN?
                    >
                    > Rupert
                    > http://twittervlog.tv
                    >
                    > PS - I haven't thought about organising the chain game of video consequences
                    > like we did last year - 30 people each choosing a day and following on from
                    > the previous day in a 30 day chain. I don't have the time to sort this out
                    > this year - does anybody else feel like organising it?

                  • Adam Warner
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 30, 2010
                      Speaking of Mikes suggestion of editing video on an iOS device. Anyone recommend any other apps besides iMovie for iPhone/iPod?

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 31, 2010
                        Heck yeah, whatever you decide to do is fine.

                        Gena

                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 31, 2010
                          Sixty hours - yikes. I feel for you. I'm fond of trains so if you can find a way to slice and dice one recording 30 ways that would keep your record.

                          Do what you can and I hope Santa Baby makes with a certain kind of iTouch.

                          Gena
                          http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
                          http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com

                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 31, 2010
                            I did a write up a company called Vericorder which has a video editing app called 1st Video

                            http://www.vericorder.com/products/first-video
                            You want to check out the YouTube videos to get an idea of what it can do for you. There is a consumer version of the app for $9.99 but last time I checked it was in standard definition. Not sure if they have the HD version ready yet.

                            Gena

                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 31, 2010
                              Absolutely, Kate - any video, any length, any subject. Unedited snapshots
                              are fine!

                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 31, 2010
                                The only other option I know of is ReelDirector but I don't think it does HD very well. I did a comparison with iMovie and the quality was better with iMovie. Just depends on what you need from the editor. Since the last update you are able to split clips now in iMovie. That was really the only thing I was missing.

                              • ktcopsey@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 31, 2010
                                  Is there any specific place where we post the daily 'did it' link? Is this
                                  part of some other Nano idea and if so where do I point people for the
                                  information and how to sign up.

                                  Kate Copsey
                                  Freelance Garden Writer;
                                  www.katecopsey.com
                                  Host: America's Home Grown Veggies Show on
                                  www.americaswebradio.com

                                  In a message dated 10/31/2010 12:19:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                                  rupert@... writes:

                                  Absolutely, Kate - any video, any length, any subject. Unedited snapshots
                                  are fine!

                                  On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 9:06 PM, katycopsey <ktcopsey@...> wrote:

                                  > I don't know if I was part of this group last yr, but this is the first I
                                  > heard of this challenge. I am thinking I could do some quick, not
                                  edited,
                                  > shots of the garden as we move from fall into flurries. Would that
                                  > count?????? I also need to find some brilliant use for my webpage and
                                  blog
                                  > that were supposed to be for videos etc.
                                  > Kate

                                  > Rupert Howe <rupert@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > It's that time again...
                                  > >
                                  > > All you have to do:
                                  > > Post one video per day, every day in November.
                                  > > Any length, any subject, anywhere.
                                  > >
                                  > > I'll be doing my usual thing of posting until about the 22nd/23rd and
                                  > then
                                  > > flaking out with loads of unnecessary angst.
                                  > > But I love it because it motivates me to carry a camera everywhere, and
                                  > > means I actually shoot and cut some videos.
                                  > >
                                  > > Hashtag is #vlomo10
                                  > >
                                  > > WHO'S IN?
                                  > >
                                  > > Rupert
                                  > > http://twittervlog.tv
                                  > >
                                  > > PS - I haven't thought about organising the chain game of video
                                  > consequences
                                  > > like we did last year - 30 people each choosing a day and following on
                                  > from
                                  > > the previous day in a 30 day chain. I don't have the time to sort this
                                  > out
                                  > > this year - does anybody else feel like organising it?

                                  _ (http://www.americaswebradio.com/)

                                • Rupert Howe
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 31, 2010
                                    I hear you, Mike. I went out and bought myself an iPod touch instead of
                                    waiting til Christmas because I knew it was the only way I'd get to do some
                                    videoblogging & vlomo again. I have a new job too.

                                    But Nokia Womworld have just sent me a trial N8 for a few weeks so I'll use
                                    that too. That might be worth a shot - asking them if they'd lend you a
                                    trial N8 for the duration. Probably take a week or more to get to you,
                                    though. It has HD video and a built in editor. Emailtrial@... and
                                    ask!

                                    Or go and buy yourself an iPod touch and to hell with it! you have a new
                                    job! it's Thanksgiving! reward yourself! :)

                                    I've used iMovie on the iPod for the first time a couple of days ago and it
                                    was fine. Looking forward to using it more... :)

                                    Rupert
                                    http://twittervlog.tv

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Oct 31, 2010
                                      That's neat! I will be using my Sony HDD and the mac to do quick edits.
                                      The pcs are Vista which doesn't talk to HDD nicely, hence I bought the mac.

                                      Kate Copsey
                                      Freelance Garden Writer;
                                      www.katecopsey.com
                                      Host: America's Home Grown Veggies Show on
                                      _www.americaswebradio.com

                                      In a message dated 10/31/2010 1:15:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                                      rupert@... writes:

                                      But Nokia Womworld have just sent me a trial N8 for a few weeks so I'll
                                      use
                                      that too. That might be worth a shot - asking them if they'd lend you a
                                      trial N8 for the duration. Probably take a week or more to get to you,
                                      though. It has HD video and a built in editor.

                                      _ (http://www.americaswebradio.com/)

                                    • ernmander
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Oct 31, 2010
                                        I'm just going to post mine to my blog and link to Twitter using the hashtag #vlomo10

                                        @ernmander

                                        www.ernmander.com

                                      • adammercado@att.net
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Nov 3, 2010
                                          Yeehar! Here we go again. Gonna try and get through it and not flake out half way through. Keeping mine to 90secs or less. Bite size. Good for me, good for the VLOMO viewers who have hours of vlogs to get through....

                                          Lets get going
                                          Cheers