Re: [videoblogging] Re: Blip.tv - no longer FLV, now M4V?

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
      > I agree that the quality is better.
      > See, I use VideoPress... but I guess I'll just use the Blip player instead.
      > I can fill in the thumbnail option so it shows separately for the archives.

      Hey Mike--

      You can put a Flash player on your server that will play H264 videos.
      People will not know (or care) that they are watching a flash or H264
      compression. All that matters is they play it within the Flash player
      since everyone has flash installed.

      I think Verdi did a tutorial. I've cc'd him on this message.

    • Richard Amirault
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 25, 2010
        From: "Jay dedman"

        > You can put a Flash player on your server that will play H264 videos.
        > People will not know (or care) that they are watching a flash or H264
        > compression. All that matters is they play it within the Flash player
        > since everyone has flash installed.

        The iPad folks don't.

        Richard Amirault
        Boston, MA, USA
        http://n1jdu.org
        http://bostonfandom.org
      • elbowsofdeath
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 28, 2010
          On a related note, Mefeedia think that 54% of h.264 video is now available via HTML5, which is good news for mobile devices that dont have flash.

          http://blog.mefeedia.com/html5-oct-2010

          Blip.tv started supporting HTML5 in a big way this month.

          Cheers

          Steve Elbows