12Seconds shutting down

  • Julian Seery Gude
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2010
      Just saw a note from 12Seconds.tv (their home page has the letter) that had
      ended up in my spam folder.

      I guess 12Seconds is shutting down. Although I was an infrequent user I
      liked the tool and thought it fit well in the mobile video world. We have
      until 10/22 to download our videos if we want them.

      What's our new option for short mobile video or short form video? Any
      communities worth boosting up? Are we going to go private?
      http://vidme.com/index.html

      Maybe the private stuff we've been doing with games gets more real time,
      more every week? http://videobloggers.mirocommunity.org/

      thoughts?

      --
      Julian Seery Gude
      julian@...

    • ernmander
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2010
        I know I am truly gutted 12 Seconds is closing. I used it most days, sometimes too much, but I have a real affection for the site and as I say I feel gutted.

        Ernie (ernmander on social networks)

        http://www.ernmander.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2010
          > I guess 12Seconds is shutting down. Although I was an infrequent user I
          > liked the tool and thought it fit well in the mobile video world. We have
          > until 10/22 to download our videos if we want them.
          > What's our new option for short mobile video or short form video? Any
          > communities worth boosting up? Are we going to go private?
          > http://vidme.com/index.html
          > Maybe the private stuff we've been doing with games gets more real time,
          > more every week? http://videobloggers.mirocommunity.org/

          These days if a web service cant make money, they wont survive. I
          never used 12 seconds. Whats the problem with just making short videos
          on Youtube, blip, vimeo, etc?