Re: [videoblogging] time lapse shoot and edit?

  • David Jones
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2010
      On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:54 AM, Loreta_Vaidas <loretabirkus@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I was wondering if anybody has any tips of how to film and edit a time lapse? I have a project that's very suitable to do that, but not sure if it's possible to do that on film or if it's better with picture camera.

      My new Samsung TL350 compact camera does time lapse recording.

      Old canon compact cameras can do it with modified firmware
      (http://chdk.wikia.com/)

      I've also done it with my regular camcorder by simply leaving the
      camera continuously recording and then speeding up the replay in the
      edit software. My video studio software only speeds up by 10 times, so
      I if I need more I do multiple passes.

      Dave.
    • Adrian Miles
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22, 2010
        try a google search for time lapse and your model of camera. there are a
        variety of things out there that have been written that let you control
        cameras for timelapse, but usually device dependent

        an appropriate closing
        Adrian Miles
        School of Media and Communication
        Program Director B.Comm Honours