Best Tripods for 1080 gun style & Gun vs regular camcorder style

  • Cheryl Benson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2010
      Best Tripods for 1080 gun style & Gun vs regular camcorder style

      - Triposds, GUN SYTLE VS REGULAR STYLE AND EASE OF USE

      !) This camera was recommended to me because of disabilities, and also I
      got it at a great price. I had concerns over the gun style, and also the
      dock (which I do not like at all having to use to transfer or power up, let
      alone if you go some where you have to take the dock) and think I made a big
      mistake not getting the regular style and may change and sell the one I have
      and get an iframe when able

      One of major disabilities (I have alot) , is I can't lift much more tha a
      light book most times, somethings not even that and not for long, so weight
      is a primiary issue and ease of use, I have cognitive problems as well that
      often get very servere, and my abiltiy to type remember words, as you get to
      know me you will the sometimes drastic differences. So I also need something
      that is VERY easy/simple to learn and remember, learning anything and
      retaining now is challenging and often difficult -

      2) TRIPODS/MONOPODS/GORILPODS

      The gun style isn't evenly balanced, and I have read others having some
      problems (espeially if you want to add lenses later). I am looking for
      several tripods,

      1) a collapsable light one, for in home and shooting in other venues,
      recording sessions that you can pan and tilt and is not to expensive.

      2) I have a joby gorilla and it's not strong enough for the sanyo gun, it
      falls forward. I have been looking at the SLR and I think the Focus and
      hoping the SLR version with ball head will be high enough and strong enough,
      I did find a UK modle that was 10" high (higher than joby), but no ball head
      , they do ship world wide.

      3) I have a sorta monopod, but had stand at botton that is lost in the
      home somehwere, that I made a make shift steadycam, for my power-wheelchair,
      and put it in the cane holder in stead of the cane for my kodak 1033, it
      works great. However, it's not strong ehough for the sanyo gun 1080 and
      wobbles all over the place and have to hold it so it doesn't fall out of the
      cane holder and that was in stationary position

      My cane is 3" circumference, finding the circumfrence of a monopod on
      websites, well I haven;t noticed any yet.

      I also can't afford all 3 of these presently, and have the 2 smaller ones
      for the kodak 1033

      Any advice/suggesions are much appreciated, an also have I made a mistake
      getting the gun style, it seems like a real hassle instead of the usual
      style, I guess you can;'t answer that until I can get out and actually try
      to hold one up for a while in my hand/arm,and try to work the controls at
      same time. I am mostly bed/houseconfined and started getting otu abit since
      June and doing some video journalism as well as for videos I need to make in
      my own home, so I can't get to stores to feel the grip and if I could hold
      them up, or it would hurt or one would be easier to control over the other,
      several on yahoo videologging's suggested the gun style for me, thinking the
      controls would be easier for my thumb to reach than a standard model and
      also several found me some great pricces, 1/3 of usual price, I took the one
      in canada over the 2000 in usa for warraenty reasons which turned out good,
      as it got destroyeed filming the G20.

      I AM IN CANADA btw

      thank you
      Cheryl

      --
      MY WEBSITES:

      PUBLIC APPEAL FOR CHERYL
      http://cherylbenson.ca (ok stilll not done, if you are an editor with
      medical legal experience please contact me)

      http://cherylspeaksout.blogspot.com

      twitter: cherylbenson

      MY PHOTOGRAPHY & Sales Sites-

      http://cheryl-benson.artistwebsites.com/art/all/all/all

      http://www.zazzle.com/cherylannbenson

    • cheryl.benson@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2010
        apologies for lengthy post,Iposted on sanyo/viemo group my 1st post to their group, and forgot it's a holiday as welll.

        having trouble online figuring out tripods, etc for sanyo gun that are light and compact, not to large when collapsed, and may switch to camcorder style instead of gun when I can get out an hold one to test it out. The tripod is a bit of a priority for the sanyo gun right now & I have searched alot on line and look at others comments I need it for inhouse use as well,and out as mentioned below.

        thx

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Cheryl Benson <cheryl.benson@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > my own home, so I can't get to stores to feel the grip and if I could hold
        > them up, or it would hurt or one would be easier to control over the other,
        > several on yahoo videologging's suggested the gun style for me, thinking the
        > controls would be easier for my thumb to reach than a standard model and
        > also several found me some great pricces, 1/3 of usual price, I took the one
        > in canada over the 2000 in usa for warraenty reasons which turned out good,
        > as it got destroyeed filming the G20.
        >
        > I AM IN CANADA btw
        >
        > thank you
        > Cheryl
        >

        > --
        > MY WEBSITES:
        >
        > PUBLIC APPEAL FOR CHERYL
        > http://cherylbenson.ca (ok stilll not done, if you are an editor with
        > medical legal experience please contact me)

      • David Jones
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2010
          I just got the Manfrotto Modo tripod. Work very well with my HD-1010.
          I love the variable angle feet (narrow to almost flat), and the tilt
          swivel head with thumb lock is a joy to use, with selectable pan-tilt
          mode too.
          Suitable for your requirements? I don't know, that's up to you.
          I only paid $105 Australian in a local shop.

          http://modo.manfrotto.com/

          BTW<m has anyone used the ModoSteady?

          Dave.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 7, 2010
            thank you,I have loooked at those before and the quality looks great, founds some of their products on www.vistek.ca/ it will fit in the back pouch on my wheelchar collapsed (which is a must) as it's not too high collapsed. Idon't see any circumfrance listed onthem thou I which I have to know so it fits in my cane holder, and some are much thicker thanothers, perhaps a phone call to vistek may help or Manfrotto if they have a canadian office

            still trying to figutre out which http://joby.com/gorillapod, will work ith the 1010 and it not falling over as it does on the one i have now. I have been lookin gat the SLR and SLR zoonm I think, and dont know if I need the ball head, or would that just make it fall over more

            and a tripod, buy 1 at a time, I may need one of them in short order, which may be the tripod, as I would film in front, the monopod all round is easiest for me out side my home, and may be the only way I can go, I don't know that I could physcially set up a large tripod, let alone lift it, I didn't even think of that until now, and willkeep looking for weight, need very lite, and have read some aweful revews on others on online stores I buy from so far from other makes
            thanks for you input :)
            Namaste
            Cheryl

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 8, 2010
              On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 11:43 PM, cheryl.benson@...
              <cheryl.benson@...> wrote:

              > thank you,I have loooked at those before and the quality looks great, founds some of their products on www.vistek.ca/ it will fit in the back pouch on my wheelchar collapsed (which is a must) as it's not too high collapsed. Idon't see any circumfrance listed onthem thou I which I have to know so it fits in my cane holder, and some are much thicker thanothers, perhaps a phone call to vistek may help or Manfrotto if they have a canadian office
              >
              > still trying to figutre out which http://joby.com/gorillapod, will work ith the 1010 and it not falling over as it does on the one i have now. I have been lookin gat the SLR and SLR zoonm I think, and dont know if I need the ball head, or would that just make it fall over more

              I have the Joby Original and it works just fine with my HD-1010

              Dave.