Re: [videoblogging] The YouTube Heavy Hitters

  • David Jones
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 22, 2010
      On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 3:02 AM, Mark VillaseƱor
      <videoblogyahoogroup@...> wrote:

      > David Jones: "I'm at a loss to know how these partners get impression based
      > CPM rates..."
      >
      > Hi Dave:
      > Although this is speculative on my part (based entirely on bits of info from
      > friends, who draw respectable YT followings). I think once a YT broadcaster
      > reaches over 100k (or a similar figure) in subscriptions, they are offered
      > an impressions rate deal. But please don't take this as gospel; I'm not an
      > inside YouTube aficionado.

      Yes, I figure it's something like that too, and have heard similar mumblings.

      > Perhaps more info on this might be found via the YT Partners section
      > (http://www.youtube.com/partners)?

      Nope, regular partners don't have access to any CPM impression ad
      based information that I can find.
      They only reference overlay and sidebar click based ads.

      Tantalisingly, there is a "Youtube" section in the Adsense revenue
      report but it always shows zero revenue, or sometimes a dollar or two
      per month depending upon how you view it! No one on the forums seems
      to understand or be able to explain how it works!

      Dave.