Re: [videoblogging] 5min.com wont remove my videos

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2010
      > Yeah David, good to let the video producing community of the dodgy video websites to avoid

      In the early days of videoblogging, we were always "fighting" with
      video sites that were unscrupulous. There were several examples of
      sites that just sucked in people's videos without permission, provided
      no linkbacks/credit, and even sometimes added ads on the videos.

      Veoh was one of these companies. Back in 2005, they sucked in a bunch
      of videos to make sure it looked like they were well used when
      searching for VC funding. The community made a big stink and they
      reversed their actions.

      If a company cares about its reputation, these companies care what
      people think and will take action to fix problems. But Ive seen many
      spammy video sites that dont care. They may not be looking for funding
      and are just using your videos to get hits for advertising? Hard to
      say.

      Best thing is to just alert other creators to not use obnoxious sites.
      I think many of these sites eventually just close shop....and erase
      all the nonsense they created. Fly by night operations.

      If you put something online, it'll end up in places you didnt intend
      or want. Probably not a good idea to waste a lot of energy fighting
      it. Focus on making good work and supporting virtuous online video
      sites.

      When we're all rich and famous we can hire expensive lawyers to sue everyone.

      http://ryanishungry.com