Understanding Your Vlog Market

  • Mark Villaseñor
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2 1:46 PM
      Howdy Group:
      For all those interested in discovering a little more about where online
      video may be headed, including demographics that might pertain to your niche
      area? Check out this June 2010 Pew Research Center report:
      http://tinyurl.com/2010-Pew-Video

      Happy Trails,
      Mark Villaseñor,
      http://www.TailTrex.tv
      Canine Adventures For Charity - sm
      http://www.SOAR508.org
    • Tom Dolan
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2 3:43 PM
        Thanx Mark, Good Info.

        Tom Dolan
        On Aug 2, 2010, at 1:46 PM, Mark Villase�or wrote:

        > Howdy Group:
        > For all those interested in discovering a little more about where
        > online
        > video may be headed, including demographics that might pertain to
        > your niche
        > area? Check out this June 2010 Pew Research Center report:
        > http://tinyurl.com/2010-Pew-Video
        >
        > Happy Trails,
        > Mark Villase�or,
        > http://www.TailTrex.tv
        > Canine Adventures For Charity - sm
        > http://www.SOAR508.org

        Tom Dolan
        tomjdolan.com

      • Loreta_Vaidas
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3 1:00 PM
          Great info. Thank you Mark!!

          Does anybody by any chance know how to find data or any research that might have been done about how video helps increase business and draw traffic.

          I've asked some of my clients to give that info to me after their video has been up on their websites for at least 3 months. But I wonder if there's anything out there that has been done for research. I was not able to find such info online.

          Thank you.

          Loreta Tarozaite
          www.loretatv.com

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Mark Villaseñor <videoblogyahoogroup@...> wrote:

          > Howdy Group:
          > For all those interested in discovering a little more about where online
          > video may be headed, including demographics that might pertain to your niche
          > area? Check out this June 2010 Pew Research Center report:
          > http://tinyurl.com/2010-Pew-Video
          >
          > Happy Trails,
          > Mark Villaseñor,
          > http://www.TailTrex.tv
          > Canine Adventures For Charity - sm
          > http://www.SOAR508.org

        • Mark Villaseñor
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 3 6:34 PM
            Loreta Tarozaite: "Does anybody by any chance know how to find data or any
            research that might have been done about how video helps increase business
            and draw traffic."

            Check out the BrightRoll Study completed earlier this year (click this link
            for an overview: http://tinyurl.com/BrightRollStudy). Check out the whole
            study at: http://tinyurl.com/BrightRollStudy2

            This material may not be what you're looking for specifically, but I think
            you may find enough correlating data to support reasonable conclusions...
            Well, maybe maybe not; depending how one chooses to views it. :D

            All-in-all I think you may find little effective difference between
            conventional "commercial" (spot) advertising, and longer run programming
            similar to infomercials. The real trick, however, is to SELL something
            without appearing as though you're selling something... But I digress.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4 8:05 PM
              Mark,

              Again, thanks for the link. Like you said, there is a difference in commercial advertising and infomercial. I produce the latter because I can incorporate my broadcasting experience in this and I feel that personal approach where the client meets the business owner is more powerful when it comes to small businesses (my target customers).

              Yes, there is some information in the research that I could use when talking to clients how online video is going to impact their business. However, even in this study they agree that there is not enough research done in terms of numbers how having a video on the website will increase traffic and sales. I hope this data will be available next year as it's very much needed for us, who produce videos, and for those who consider having videos produced for them.

              Anyway..thank you again.