Re: Re [videoblogging] Zoom H1 Mic

  • Joly MacFie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 23, 2010
      I think it's because most of what I do is loud music and the peaks aren't
      that distinct

      That's the other problem with the zoom's - although one can set gain it
      doesn't actually affect the pre-amp so if it's too loud it's going to clip
      regardless. Of course one can use an external mic and attenuate, but that
      kind of defeats the object. I always place my H2's a fair distance away to
      compensate..

      I noticed that another shooter was getting excellent loud audio results on
      his A1U, and discovered it was down to the SONY ECM-HST1 mic which rolls off
      massively at the bottom end

      Unfortunately this mic use a smart shoe on just a few Sony models. I ended
      up buying an A1U myself just to get the mic in action ;)