Re: [videoblogging] Re: The Video Blogger Is Dead

  • Dee Harvey
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 22, 2010
      Michael Sullivan wrote:

      > this is all repairable. but in order to succeed, it has to be done without
      > the noise of monetization and ideally without the dependency on a company's
      > product that directly requires monetization in order to sustain. for
      > example, i added a comment to Clintus' post and talked about using google
      > group/gmail and youtube -
      > http://idoitdigital.com/2010/07/15/the-video-blogger-is-dead/comment-page-1/#comment-57768-
      > i still think mailing lists are intimate and relevant (we are talking
      > on
      > one now ;) and the idea of enhancing them and leveraging them for video
      > sharing seems to make sense to me (i.e. youtube links get embedded/attached
      > to gmail messages now).

      As I said beyond, I think this is a super idea. The more I think about
      it, the more I like it. It perfectly answers elbows's requirement of

      "If you want intimacy and certain people creating certain sorts of
      video, you
      just have to connect with those people, get a little momentum going, and
      make a
      space which is sheltered enough to let the intimacy flourish."

      > i've babbled enought for now.

      yeah, go and make your mailing list ;)