YouTube to Support 4K Videos

  • compumavengal
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2010
      I come from the days of 320x240 so yeah, I'm taking a moment to go "wow". From the Google YouTube Blog:

      "Today at the VidCon 2010 conference, we announced support for videos shot in 4K, meaning that now we support original video resolution from 360p all the way up to 4K. To give some perspective on the size of 4K, the ideal screen size for a 4K video is 25 feet; IMAX movies are projected through two 2k resolution projectors."

      http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2010/07/whats-bigger-than-1080p-4k-video-comes.html

      Apparently there are some 4K videos available but I know my DSL can't handle it. There is no point in me trying it out. Anybody on a FiOS line want to give it a go and report back?

      http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5BF9E09ECEC8F88F

      So many changes,

      Gena
      http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com