Life in a Day project

  • deirdreharvey2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2010
      Ridley Scott produced, Kevin Macdonald directed UGC feature film

      http://www.youtube.com/lifeinaday

      I love this idea and I think having such big names attached to it will mean they get the volume of contributions they need to conduct a genuinely global project.

      The cynic in me wonders how well mundane and gentle contributions will do when lined up against the inevitable sensation, cutesiness and other types of contrived contributions.

      Anyone thinking of taking part? If so, what kinds of content would you aim to contribute?

      I'd love to see a Videoblogging group competitor to this.

      dee

      ---------------
      http://www.deeharvey.com/blog/
      http://12seconds.tv/channel/deeharvey
    • compumavengal
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2010
        Yeah, I think that there is a strong possibility that the quiet, non-sensational moments will get overlooked.

        The word "action" comes to mind and if staged actions gather more attention than the quiet moments that are equally of value in a day then it could be one big splash of hit me with the next one.

        Still, 24 hours of video requires a lot of content. There is a chance if they/we/somebody makes an effort to record the still silent moments or folks that don't have access to making video but need to be seen and heard.

        There is an opportunity to go beyond "Teenybopper is our new born king " type of videos.

        Gena
        http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
        http://createvideonotebook.blogspot.com